586,024 active members*
4,172 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dynomotion Wiki

Since Tom is supportive of a wiki for Dynomotion products, I'll post up a thread here with details.

Link removed, having some issues
    Anybody wishing to help edit the wiki will need to register, and have their account manually activated.

My big problem just now, is coming up with a suitable structure to contain the information. So far I've just edited the front page with links to all the boards and software, but I'm struggling to think of a suitable structure for, and exactly what information should be included.
    I'm thinking that as information gets added, some kind of structure will become apparent.

I'm probably going to concentrate on the software side, starting with getting all the changelogs on one page, and then see where that takes me in terms of detailing the added features.

So if anybody has any thoughts/suggestions/issues, post them up here.

Re: Dynomotion Wiki

The wiki sounds like a good idea.

To your question about "what information should be included" ... not an answer but but more questions about the intent of the wiki.

Just a thought ... will it be a consolidation of the existing information that is spread across the three sites I'm aware of ... the Dynamotion home site, the Yahoo support site and the CNC support site? If so will it be links to the existing information on those sites or will it be a copy of the information?

Will it be a 4th site to which "original" information will be posted that is not on the other three? Hopefully Google will be able to find the one piece of information someone is looking for across the sites.

Will it provide for a Q and A area? I'll guess what Tom's answer to that will be ;-}

Arvid

Awesome, thanks for kicking this off. I wish i could be of some help but I have too many irons in the fire as is.

Some ideas though
    1. C commands and code examples. Like it done for the script commands in the help file, but for all of the commands in C
    2. Maybe include the tuning guide the bhurts made
    3. Some tutorial on how to use the filters when tuning (well now I see it looks like Tom has updated this information in the last year)
    4. Some info on the KFLOP to PC commands. I know there is an code example in the C files but I think people who don't code daily get confused (I know I do). (I have attached a spread sheet I made to help myself organize the info).

-Dan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Posting to subscribe.

At the moment the only thing I am qualified to write about is a 'how not to' wiki. But as I progress through my install I hope to change that.

I will need time to consider and research options. Soon I hope to be able to contribute. Organization is not my strong suit but I will see what others have done successfully and then make suggestions. Thanks for kicking things off. Nothing happens unless someone makes a start.

Ben

Hi All,

Thanks to those willing to contribute to the wiki. We've had some success at starting one (MediaWiki - same as used by Wikipedia) on a new host. We should have created a wiki a long time ago. It will take some time to migrate our content and domain over to the new site but it should be active soon.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com