585,708 active members*
3,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma U10m :getting program to run
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Okuma U10m :getting program to run

Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    We recently purchased a new to us 2001 V4020 mill with a U10M control. Its a really nice machine for 2001. It has 2000 hours, 15000 rpm spindle, renshaw probe, 4th axis and a few other options.

Our problem is know one knows how to run it
    hy kirby i can not help with your cnc, but i was wondering how did you endup like this ? who purchased this cnc, without a test-trial ? was there a big discount offer ?

ohh, just buy it, if there is something wrong, the guys from the cnc-zone will fix this anyway ?!?!

what did your local okuma dealer said ? can you contact an expert from a technical center, or a general-retrofit-guy-who-knows-everything ?

if you can not fix that cnc this year, it may be cheaper to rewire it / replace the faulty module, etc
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy kirby i can not help with your cnc, but i was wondering how did you endup like this ? who purchased this cnc, without a test-trial ? was there a big discount offer ?

ohh, just buy it, if there is something wrong, the guys from the cnc-zone will fix this anyway ?!?!

what did your local okuma dealer said ? can you contact an expert from a technical center, or a general-retrofit-guy-who-knows-everything ?

if you can not fix that cnc this year, it may be cheaper to rewire it / replace the faulty module, etc
    It was a package deal from a university. They were closing the machine shop. All the equipment was unhooked. And trust me...it was a good deal. As for why I have not done anything with the machine it was working well enough as it was without the dcn. I have another machine we used mostly but it is getting worn and we are not getting the results we need. To.much hand polishing.

We are no where near an okuma dealer so even though they are helping some...their goal is to fly a tech down to fix it. But they don't know what's wrong so my point to them is help me diagnose it so if I do have to get someone down from Montreal to Halifax it won't cost me a fortune.

So yea I think the guys on cnc zone can fix it....what is wrong with thinking that?

If I am right in what I think is wrong it is just a solid state hard drive. I am thinking parts from any electronics store could fix it but I kind of need some advice and I know a few guys on here might be able.to help.

Hopefully I answered all your questions...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

hey kirby yeah, i could bet that you received a good deal

if i may, about the "worn & polishing", would you develop a bit ? how do you know that there is wear, what kind, etc ? if hand polishing requires too much time, and if part has acceptable dimensions, i guess you know about the polishing instalations, that can polish several parts per run even more, without contact between those parts ? getting a part out of a cnc with high-surface-quality requires a nice cnc, and once the cnc can no longer deliver such parts, it may still be good for common parts you may be talking about a "top-tier-cnc-wear", and it may be justified to keep the cnc in that state, and use a polishing instalation

before Xmass, last year, ( i did not give you my heart, but ) i got errors on lathes; i was not the 1st customer to complain about such errors, okuma guys were aware about it, but not about the solution; now it works there is nothing about this on the forum, simply because i did not had time to wait

cncs are getting more and more complex, know-how is in Japan, and infos inside manuals is not updated as frequent; a forum can not handle things that do not occure frequently your 1st post was in 2015 ... maybe is ok for you to delay this for almost 3yrs ?!?!... hmm, it may be possible that the guy that will give you a right answer on this forum is not born at this moment but wait ... maybe he will reply in 3 ... 2 ...1...

who knows, maybe you still have 1000 more cncs, and it really does not matter ± v4020 kindly

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hey kirby yeah, i could bet that you received a good deal

if i may, about the "worn & polishing", would you develop a bit ? how do you know that there is wear, what kind, etc ? if hand polishing requires too much time, and if part has acceptable dimensions, i guess you know about the polishing instalations, that can polish several parts per run even more, without contact between those parts ? getting a part out of a cnc with high-surface-quality requires a nice cnc, and once the cnc can no longer deliver such parts, it may still be good for common parts you may be talking about a "top-tier-cnc-wear", and it may be justified to keep the cnc in that state, and use a polishing instalation

before Xmass, last year, ( i did not give you my heart, but ) i got errors on lathes; i was not the 1st customer to complain about such errors, okuma guys were aware about it, but not about the solution; now it works there is nothing about this on the forum, simply because i did not had time to wait

cncs are getting more and more complex, know-how is in Japan, and infos inside manuals is not updated as frequent; a forum can not handle things that do not occure frequently your 1st post was in 2015 ... maybe is ok for you to delay this for almost 3yrs ?!?!... hmm, it may be possible that the guy that will give you a right answer on this forum is not born at this moment but wait ... maybe he will reply in 3 ... 2 ...1...

who knows, maybe you still have 1000 more cncs, and it really does not matter ± v4020 kindly
    What is with all the smiley faces? Are you 12. I don't get you. You first sentence should have been your last. You said I can't help you with your cnc. You should have moved on then.I don't need your opinion on how long it takes me to fix my cnc or if you think that someone can or can't help me. I have had very good luck in the past getting help. No reason to feel I won't this time. No guarantees either. Please move on...i am sure there is someone else who will appreciate your random opinions much more than I do

Just to confirm do you have DNC-B or DNC-DT as they are very different

DNC-B is drip feed only through RS232 similar to FANUC tape mode
    DNC-DT has an on board data server, Basically an SSD in the back

Quote Originally Posted by budgieW View Post

Dnc t.... I was confused last time. My manual was for dnc b. But I have a special function manual for dnc t. When you push edit/aux and extend it is dnc t on the control. And yes I have the external drive. But it does not seem to be recognized. And I don't know how to diagnose it from there. We tried to reformat that hard drive according to the manual but we get the 5428 alarm. If the drive was working would I not see it in the list same as md 1 and my tc index? We can easily load from tc index to md 1.

Just to add to that....when we try to format the drive it takes roughly 5 minutes to get that alarm. If I remove the ssd completely I get the same alarm in about 10 seconds. We have tested that there is voltage going to the drive from the power cable. My very uneducated guess is the ssd or cable from Ethernet board or the board itself is the issue.

about that ssd, i would :
    ... scan it with an utility software
    ... take it to a pc shop, and diagnose it / kindly

Do you have this manual?

DNC-T/DT/RT and IT Plaza Set

Do you have this manual?

I don't believe. I will check in the morning

Do you have this manual?

It doesn't sound familiar... I have all the original manuals for the machine. I actually think this Ethernet connection is an early variation. So much so that okuma doesn't even know exactly what they did. But l will let you know what manuals I have.

Do you have this manual?

These are what I have. The U 10m is the book for the machine but only describes dnc-b with the rs232. The osp7000 book is the one that has the info for the dnc-dt

Do you have this manual?

What is the difference between the manual I have and the one you suggest. I would contact okuma and get the manual if there is vital information I don't have. My latest encounter with tech support is the think that maybe my hard drive is gone. They aren't sure but maybe. They don't know if there are parts available and they dont know when they will know.

I have a few simple questions that I asked them with no answer.. .

If there is a working hard drive on this machine should I be able to see it anywhere on the controller? I can see md1 I can see Tc index...i can see the floppy drive... but no hd drive.

And say I want to give up on this networking. How can I know for sure if this machine is equipped with rs232. I know the port is there and the wires run somewhere inside the electrical panel. Okuma should.know this since they have the sales record of the machine but no answer on it...

Page 2 of 2 12