585,996 active members*
4,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > New to 4th Axis or indexing! BobCam V27 & Milltronics RW15

New to 4th Axis or indexing! BobCam V27 & Milltronics RW15

Hello All,
    I am very new at both Cam software and 4th axis machining. We have an RW15 with A Troyke DL9 rotary head with a trunnion table. I am trying to do a very simple part basically drilling 2 holes on top face index A axis to 90 degrees drill 2 more holes on end & index A axis to -90 degrees and drill 2 more holes on that end. When I simulate the part in V27 it looks fine but when i transfer it to the machine and try to run it I get a software travel limit error. I am sure this has something to do with the machine definition parameters or post processor. I am looking for ideas on where to look or what to change. Maybe a usable post processor ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: New to 4th Axis or indexing! BobCam V27 & Milltronics RW15

Either look in your milltronics Gcode/mcode book, or email them asking what the code for a rotary movement should look like.

From there, you can edit your post processor or have bobcad do it for you. If you do not have support, post the information you find here, and others will help.