585,722 active members*
4,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Qualichem Xtreme Cut 251C

Qualichem Xtreme Cut 251C (the stuff John Grimsmo switched over to)

Anyone know where to purchase this by the gallon? At a 10% mixture I'd have this stuff for 20 years at the rate I'm going.....

Should also add that I'll be running this in a hybrid fog-less system and not full on flood coolant.

Also, suggestions on where to purchase this?

Thanks
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

Re: Qualichem Xtreme Cut 251C

Your best bet would be to call them and ask who distributes in your area and see if you can get a sample, which may be all you need for a year or so. I'm also interested in that coolant and was disappointed to see that they had very little technical info on their web site about that or any of their coolants and no info on distributors so emailed them for info. I got a reply but the included data didn't say much more than the web site did and I'd neglected to ask about local distributors so can't help there.

Found these guys through a real backwards way of searching but he called me back within an hour or so of sending him a contact. Super great guy! Was willing to sell me 1 gallon for my first order.

http://coolantguy.com/

Don King
    King Industrial LLC
    South Carolina
    843-621-6091 mobile
    [email protected]

Haha, I had to chase down 5 different reps to get my hands on some, I finally for 5gal but it was a pin in the ass.

Prolly gonna need more than a gallon for the tormach.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I bought my Qualichem from metalfluids.com. They were easy to work with but a little slow on the delivery.
    Watch me learn at www.youtube.com/dataprotocnc

I started the craze of Qualichem. (Yes,Grimsmo got he idea from me, but took it as his own....) I went with 291 because I do mostly Titanium, however it works great on any metal I've used. It is superior to the ol' Kool Mist or Tormach Coolant that many of us started with. I run 7-10 percent and have tools lasting twice as long as before minimum, however I wouldn't of even called Kool Mist a lubricant even at 10%. I'm really not even sure why I replied to this but I had enough references with them to get a free 5 gallon bucket. The stuff isn't cheap!

Can you use the Xtreme Cut 250 series with a mister? I have a fogbuster on my Tormach 1100.
    "You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

That's how I'm running it. Not sure if it's the "right" way or not......

Those of you thinking to try Qualichem coolants should give the local distributor a call and ask for a sample. The one in the Chicago area gave me a 5-gal pail of 251C even though I let him and Qualichem know that 5-gal was a multi-year supply for me. Apparently Qualichem has a pretty liberal sample policy.

Can you use Qualichem with a Trico MD1200?

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    Qualichem Xtreme Cut 251C (the stuff John Grimsmo switched over to)

Anyone know where to purchase this by the gallon? At a 10% mixture I'd have this stuff for 20 years at the rate I'm going.....

Should also add that I'll be running this in a hybrid fog-less system and not full on flood coolant.

Also, suggestions on where to purchase this?

Thanks
    Well sad to hear you are in the process of getting this coolant when you could have put vasco 7000 the stuff is great no rust no odor and your machine stays clean window stays clear. Not to mention it cuts great.

Tormach sells it by the gallon, 39.95

Edit: sorry, just realized how old this post is.

I have never used anything but SwissLube Blazocut 2000 Universalin in my machine since I got it in July 2011. I have no rust and it still has all the paint on it.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

I have a 5 gallon pail of 251C here in the shop at work...I'll be switching us over when I get back from vacation in a week.

We've been using Liquid Ice which seems to work ok, but I've never been happy with how long it lasts. It turns green quick, and I'm pretty diligent with checking concentration and pH regularly. I added a coolant filter a few weeks ago which helps keep the chips out, but obviously does nothing for the coolant itself. If the 251 runs well here at work, I'll switch over at home on the Tormach as well.

I've been using RustLick WS5050 for years. It's never turned "skunky", provides good cooling, and good lubricity for drilling. I mix to a Brix of 5.0 using a $20 optical refractometer. A 5-gallon can lasts me several years.

Regards,
    Ray L.