585,589 active members*
3,006 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

500x700 red chinese laser not cutting square

Hey guys I have searched this forum up and down and Im hoping one of you gurus can help me. I have spent the last 3 weeks trying to figure this out. when I tell it to cut a simple square in rdworks it comes out rectangle same for circles they come out cat eyed. I have found out how to get into the vendor settings and by changing the step lengths it seems to help alot but its still slightly off. was hoping someone had the exact step lengths for this machine. I really need some advice at this point I want to take it out back and drop the forklift on it a few times.

Re: 500x700 red chinese laser not cutting square

Setting the step settings should fix the problem. I dont think there is a particular setting for the machine - all are slightly different in some manner.
    Can you tell us what stepper drives you have.? I had an issue on a similar machine and ended up replacing the drives (although a firmware download would probably also fixed it)
    If you cut /mark your square then repeat it again, does it recut /remark exactly over the pervious line?

Quote Originally Posted by avetek View Post
    Setting the step settings should fix the problem. I dont think there is a particular setting for the machine - all are slightly different in some manner.
    Can you tell us what stepper drives you have.? I had an issue on a similar machine and ended up replacing the drives (although a firmware download would probably also fixed it)
    If you cut /mark your square then repeat it again, does it recut /remark exactly over the pervious line?

Yes it will cut on top of the previous lines

It should come right with the step settings, I assume you are marking the biggest square you can. How far out is it?

I'm accutally testing with a 12mmx12mm square with a 3mm circle in the center. It ends up with a 11.35mm x 11.85mm and the circle is cateye because it's off. I have tried putting the steps the same as I read in a didn't post and that was terrible I think there is a gear down on one axis all I know is I'm completely frustrated and I'm willing to pay someone to come fix this problem.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Is there a way to update the drivers? Is there some way to cauculate the correct steps?

I would try again with say a 400 mm square , measure it and work out the percentage differential and then change the step setting accordingly - a 12 mm square is tiny when trying to work out the step variation plus you are probably not getting up to a stable speed unless it is cut really slow. Are you measuring the cut size or the marking size?
    Sorry just asking the dumb questions that you have already worked through.

I'm measuring the cut. My setting are 4 speed 40 power. I'm cutting 1/4 acrylic. So I cut out a 400 square then do what see how off it is the play with the steps or can I do some kind of math to figure out what it should be. I'm new to this.

I personally wouldn't do it that way , I just marked out the square on some plywood at low power setting, you end up with a thin line that you can measure. If you are measuring the cut, then you could well be making a 12 mm cut but you are going to have a smaller size as you have to allow for the cut kerf. Typically if I am cutting something to a specific size, I would offset my cut line in the software to account for the cut width.

i got the same machine , i had similar problem at beginning but it was due loose timing belt that drives the shaft under laser tube.
    How did you get to DSP settings? maybe i can show you my settings

Quote Originally Posted by mateusz1945 View Post
    i got the same machine , i had similar problem at beginning but it was due loose timing belt that drives the shaft under laser tube.
    How did you get to DSP settings? maybe i can show you my settings
    In rdworks. File then vendor setting. The password will be RD8888. Then click the button that says read and it will tell you all the parameters please please send me a screen shot or just the step length (um) for the x and y axis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ventor settings.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	294462

for y step lenght is 4.47599

Strange that's what's in mine too.. what exactly was loose in your machine? That fixed it? And how did you fix it?

Can I ask your for the screen shot of the y axis?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ventor settings2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	294464

i have moved Y motor with its mount to tighten timing belt, but i also tightened other belts. There are tightening screw at end or each timing belt

And it fixed the issue? Do you have a hard time with your bed saging in the center? Do you know if there is a way to level the bed if I spin one of the corners they all move

well my problem was end of circle didn't meet with beginning it was slightly off,

Quote Originally Posted by mrincognido View Post
    And it fixed the issue? Do you have a hard time with your bed saging in the center? Do you know if there is a way to level the bed if I spin one of the corners they all move

i took metal cover off then i loosened belt and spin each by hand until bed is same distance to laser head, mine was wayyyy off too

Page 1 of 2 12