585,554 active members*
2,939 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: 109JB's User interface for the Arduino GRBL controller

JB, have you considered applying Kalman filtering? We use it at work (not connected to machining at all) for trajectory prediction and position estimation in the systems we use, but it should be possible to apply even in cutter compensation and motion control systems. Perhaps it is overkill and is too complicated to implement in these applications, but worth considering. I don't know much about your math and programming background, but have a look at it and see if it can be something for you.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    JB, have you considered applying Kalman filtering? We use it at work (not connected to machining at all) for trajectory prediction and position estimation in the systems we use, but it should be possible to apply even in cutter compensation and motion control systems. Perhaps it is overkill and is too complicated to implement in these applications, but worth considering. I don't know much about your math and programming background, but have a look at it and see if it can be something for you.
    As I understand it, Kalman filtering takes multiple measurements and does a sort of averaging of those to come up with a more precise measurement. I know it is used for things like getting very accurate position from multiple GPS readings.

Having said that, non-precise readings aren't the problem when applying cutter comp. We have very precise locations, but those have to be offset to account for the programmed offset. This requires looking at the next line of g-code to see where the machine is going to go and calculating the position. It is just a lot of tracking that has to be done which is complicated by the fact that GRBL is essentially disconnected from the GUI.

Thanks for the thought though.

Is there any fix for the windows 10 has stopped working error yet? I have a 64 bit windows.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by keys_46 View Post
    Is there any fix for the windows 10 has stopped working error yet? I have a 64 bit windows.
    Charlie
    I was never able to duplicate the problem myself on this version. I also have moved on to newer version I am working on that is compatible with grbl v1.1. the new version had all the features of this one but development had been slowed almost to a stop due to family issues. My mother passed away and my father is ill, so taking care of him and all of their stuff has taken all of my free time.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Hi,
    I am sorry about your parents. wishing the best for your father. I am working on an interface in c#.
    Thank you,
    Charlie

I recently took a look at this program, but I can not get very far as it crashes Windows 7 right after I try to connect to a V3 Nano loaded with grbl 1.1. The loaded nano works with other senders.
    Chris L

Quote Originally Posted by datac View Post
    I recently took a look at this program, but I can not get very far as it crashes Windows 7 right after I try to connect to a V3 Nano loaded with grbl 1.1. The loaded nano works with other senders.
    This program is not V1.1 compatible. It was written for Grbl V0.9

That would explain that ! Not sure then if I will test it this round anyhow. I could load another Nano with 0.9 sometime. Might have to if my goal of finding the best interface for a mill/router is going to happen, though I thought the additions in 1.1 were somewhat valuable as I recall off the top of my head.

Thanks !
    Chris L

Page 3 of 3 123