584,802 active members*
4,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Matsuura 4th axis disable - Yasnac MX3

Hello All,

we have a Matsuura MX760 with Yasnac MX3. It came installed with a 4th axis drive and rotay. The 4th axis servo drive died, and we never use it, so I want to disable the 4th axis completely and just run it as the traditional 3 axis mill. How do I go about this? I found some parameters that seem like they would do the trick, but it still is telling me "ALARM 390 - SERVO ALARM (SERVO PACK) (SR20)

Any ideas?

Re: Matsuura 4th axis disable - Yasnac MX3

I can help... send me an email: [email protected]

did you ever get some help with this?
    We would like to enable the 4th axis. So basically, the same parameters get flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by shas595 View Post
    Hello All,

we have a Matsuura MX760 with Yasnac MX3. It came installed with a 4th axis drive and rotay. The 4th axis servo drive died, and we never use it, so I want to disable the 4th axis completely and just run it as the traditional 3 axis mill. How do I go about this? I found some parameters that seem like they would do the trick, but it still is telling me "ALARM 390 - SERVO ALARM (SERVO PACK) (SR20)

Any ideas?

Did you ever get a reply from this, I'd like to do the same?

Take a look at the attached. I was told to make all entries 0 and reboot. Be sure to write down what you have it set as first before making 0.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

Take a look at the attached. I was told to make all entries 0 and reboot. Be sure to write down what you have it set as first before making 0.
    Thank you for sharing, that is quite a bit more information than has shown up anywhere else this topic has come up.
    I appreciate you sharing!
    Dave

Thanks, now I just need to get the drive installed and the rotary table connected to try it out. Any other parameters would be helpful as well like some of the options for air blow to clean the part, the end of cycle alarm and a few others that the manual says can be turned on. This seem that it will be a great machine if it could have the options my Hitachi had, I really liked that machine, especially the probe to set parts and tool lengths.

Would this be the same on MX2 as well?i also need help to disable my 4th

Hi I have tried the parameter setting but could not find 6035 parameter numbers as there was nothing next to it.
    I have successfully disable #6023 and on my main screen there is only the x , y , z axis now on absolute screen.
    I still get a servo 310 alarm and not sure if I should disconnect the power completely on my 4th axis? Machine still does not start up. Any advice appreciated Thanks mate