585,894 active members*
5,043 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Autodesk CAM > How you open up saved project files in Fusion 360

How you open up saved project files in Fusion 360

Hey guys,

Seem like this should be so easy to figure out. I can save things just fine but there is no Open option for me to retrieve my files. To the left of the disk looking icon is a paper looking icon. Under there, there is such things as New Design, Save, Save As, Export, etc. No Open option. I checked the Data Panel but that just has example files and tutorials. I know the files are saved because if I create a test file and then click Save, a box comes up and I see my files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: How you open up saved project files in Fusion 360

Nevermind. Found it. One would think it should be in the same area as the save option. You open up the Data panel and there was an < symbol. A new panel comes up where you can see, 'My Recent Data'

I'm really liking Fusion 360 thus far.The CAM takes a little getting used to but the CAD portion blows away what I have been using.

It does have it's quirks, but it is getting there. Also they have a great forum over there too, if you don't get a quick reply here that is.
    Lee

Hi Leeway. I just signed up an downloaded it Friday and already did my first cut with it today. The CAD side is fantastic. Not to say the CAM is bad because it certainly isn't. I'm just so used to another CAM system. Question for you or anybody. Let's say I want to tap a hole. With BobCAD, I can Drill, Tap & Chamfer all in the same Operation. It's a grouping per say. Can this be done with Fusion 360? Either it can't be done or I just don't see it.

Never mind last question. I believe I answered it myself. Everything is under an operation of order for a given Setup. One big flowchart.

yeah, it's there, just maybe in a different spot than you are used to. I am coming from Turbocad, so everything is different than what I was used to.
    Lee