502,889 active members
5,126 visitors online
Register for free
Login

Thread: Arrow 1000

Page 2 of 2 12
    Registered

Re: Arrow 1000

To be honest. I gave up haha I was told if you hook up the touch screen serial connector to a computer, if you see data inputs while touching screen, then the KTI board and touchscreen are good. Then that means there is something wrong with the software on the CNC not seeing that data. I have yet to find free time to dig into the machine to do this. But it makes sense. All the KTI board/touchscreen does is send inputs to the PC in the cabinet. Theres always a very good chance the PC in the back just isnt seeing those inputs or isnt configured right. Maybe he will chime in here after this post, I forgot his name.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanMach View Post
    To be honest. I gave up haha I was told if you hook up the touch screen serial connector to a computer, if you see data inputs while touching screen, then the KTI board and touchscreen are good. Then that means there is something wrong with the software on the CNC not seeing that data. I have yet to find free time to dig into the machine to do this. But it makes sense. All the KTI board/touchscreen does is send inputs to the PC in the cabinet. Theres always a very good chance the PC in the back just isnt seeing those inputs or isnt configured right. Maybe he will chime in here after this post, I forgot his name.
    Im not 100% sure on this but i have 2 machines with the same control one of them the mouse bounces all over the place and randomly clicks on what ever when the mouse is conected,i have traced it back to the mother board,it could be a component failure it may be bios setting which we are about to try.Unfortunatly when the little back up batteries go flat these things freak out.

Registered

It is definitely the Workstation CPU board (motherboard). I have one doing the same thing. Unfortunately we purchased a used board on ebay to try and it does the same thing as well. I am going to go through them myself and see if I can isolate the bad component(s) and will update if I get it working.

Haven't got into bench testing the KTI board yet but I will one of these days. 3 out of 6 of our cincinnati's have non-functional touchscreens currently and if any more of these mouse issues pop up we're going to be hurting.

Registered

We have 6 A2100 machines and I believe we have had that issue a few times. We still send our boards and drives to Siemens to get an exchange or fix what's wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 12