584,841 active members*
4,548 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Arrow 1000

Arrow 1000

Cinci 1000 touch screen is not working when you start up it says missing. Want to use the mouse to get me thru a job but when I plug in mouse it jumps around like crazy. I have seen lots of people talk about it on here but cant find solution. Anyone?

Re: Arrow 1000

From what I have read is that its the touch screen interferes with the mouse sometimes? YOu have to either remove or just unplug the KTI board in the back of the screen. Do you have an LCD screen or an old CRT? I am currently in the process of getting my KTI board repaired and am taking pictures of the removal and installation. So if you want I can post pictures of exactly where the board is and what to unplug. That is if you have an LCD, I am not sure of the difference in what it looks like with the CRT.

It is a crt screen. Any info would be helpful. I have another problem no though when I plugged in the mouse it was jumping around and clicking on the icons I am no stuck at one of the startup screens where it passes and failed the keyboard screen etc... I can not figure out how to get pass it I will post a pick of it.

I am not sure why you may be stuck at the diagnostics screen. My machine boots up and onces finished booting, it shows the diagnostic screen. Only thing I can think of is that you are not really "stuck" at that screen but that you cannot navigate away from it? Hopefully once you remove the KTI board you will be able to use your mouse. I have read that the KTI board can interfere with the mouse for some reason. I am going to attach some pictures of what my display cabinet looks like, not sure how close to yours it is as mine is an LCD. But from what I have gathered the KTI boards look identical. There is a picture of a cage that I am holding in my hands, that cage covers the KTI board behind the floppy disk reader. I highlighted the floppy reader in red that has to be removed. Then I highlighted the KTI board. If you unplug the 4 cables/ribbons from it and leave it in the machine, that is good enough. You do not need to physically remove it from the machine.

Nevermind... back to main start up screen still cant get mouse to work.

Have you tried removing the KTI board? Also, can you take a picture of the screen you are stuck at? I have 2 screens that show the diagnostics on boot up. One is early on in boot up while the other is the very last screen shown. Once that screen is shown I can navigate to Machine on the lower task bar. Not sure if that is the screen you are stuck at? I would first try and remove the KTI board to get your mouse working as this could also be getting you stuck on boot up possibly. I figure lets start with what we KNOW is a bad item and what has been known to cause issues on other machines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151026_123200.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	295946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151026_123200.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	295946

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151026_123152.jpg 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	295960

I removed both of these plugs that I think our the KTI board. The mouse still jumps around whenever you move it and acts like the left button is pressed. So every touch icon it goes over it opens...

There should be a total of 4 plugs on the board. You did unplug 2, I can see the 3rd being that large ribbon to the left that is goes vertically along the left edge. The 4th is a small ribbon that I cannot see in your pictures that I think is at the top right of the board. But from what you unplugged I would think your KTI board should not be seen by the control as one of those 2 is the power to the board I think. So you shouldnt have to worry about the other 2 I wouldnt think. Have you tried a different mouse? Being an older computer based on windows NT it may not be recognizing the mouse correctly and doesnt know how to communicate with the one you have. I have a laser mouse attached to mine, but when I have spoken with Technicians about it they were surprised the laser mouse works as they say only the old style ball mice work. I am new to the Cincinnati machines as we just purchased a used one a few months ago and are still working out a few kinks. But in this time i have done a tone of research and have read stuff that doesnt effect me currently but may in the future..... such as reading trouble with mice and the KTI board.

I have the old ball style with the round serial plug RS2 I think it is called. It knows it is there but for some reason just jumps around like crazy and clicks any icon... I just tried to hook up a laser mouse with usb to serial adapter but does not work. Mouse lights up but cannot move it around.

Has anyone actually resolved this issue, im having the exact same problem and i have tried every suggestion. HELP!

To be honest. I gave up haha I was told if you hook up the touch screen serial connector to a computer, if you see data inputs while touching screen, then the KTI board and touchscreen are good. Then that means there is something wrong with the software on the CNC not seeing that data. I have yet to find free time to dig into the machine to do this. But it makes sense. All the KTI board/touchscreen does is send inputs to the PC in the cabinet. Theres always a very good chance the PC in the back just isnt seeing those inputs or isnt configured right. Maybe he will chime in here after this post, I forgot his name.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanMach View Post
    To be honest. I gave up haha I was told if you hook up the touch screen serial connector to a computer, if you see data inputs while touching screen, then the KTI board and touchscreen are good. Then that means there is something wrong with the software on the CNC not seeing that data. I have yet to find free time to dig into the machine to do this. But it makes sense. All the KTI board/touchscreen does is send inputs to the PC in the cabinet. Theres always a very good chance the PC in the back just isnt seeing those inputs or isnt configured right. Maybe he will chime in here after this post, I forgot his name.
    Im not 100% sure on this but i have 2 machines with the same control one of them the mouse bounces all over the place and randomly clicks on what ever when the mouse is conected,i have traced it back to the mother board,it could be a component failure it may be bios setting which we are about to try.Unfortunatly when the little back up batteries go flat these things freak out.

It is definitely the Workstation CPU board (motherboard). I have one doing the same thing. Unfortunately we purchased a used board on ebay to try and it does the same thing as well. I am going to go through them myself and see if I can isolate the bad component(s) and will update if I get it working.

Haven't got into bench testing the KTI board yet but I will one of these days. 3 out of 6 of our cincinnati's have non-functional touchscreens currently and if any more of these mouse issues pop up we're going to be hurting.

We have 6 A2100 machines and I believe we have had that issue a few times. We still send our boards and drives to Siemens to get an exchange or fix what's wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk