585,662 active members*
3,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Autodesk CAM > Multiple Setups for multi side machining = Multiple Posts

Multiple Setups for multi side machining = Multiple Posts

Hey guys,

Wasn't sure how to word the topic title. I'm trying to figure this out. Let's say I have to machine 2 sides of a part. In Fusion, I created a Setup1 & Setup2 corresponding to each side of the part. When I post it, I'm only seeing one of the setups at a time. I'd prefer not to machine one side, then load up another program to do the other side. I'd rather have it run thru Setup1 then do a M00 program stop, flip the part and then resume to Setup2 operations.

Is this possible with Fusion?

Thanks.

Re: Multiple Setups for multi side machining = Multiple Posts

Sorry for the double post. Moderators, could you please delete this post and keep the other one.

Thanks.

You can use tool orientation to do it. Also, there is a way to use multiple work offsets. Even if you don't want the second offset it might work to have it post the way you want. Adding a M00 is easy using insert operation.

I think what you want to do is put a manual stop as the last operation in the first setup. To do this; right click on the setup, go to New Operation and select "Manual NC". Then when you go to post, hold down <ctrl> to select both setups and post. That should do it.

If you're using more than one work offset your post will need to be able to handle that.

C|

Hi guys,

Thanks for your input and trying to assist. Sounds like you understand what I'm asking. Yes, I guess I could add the M00 stop easy enough, G28 the Z axis, shut off coolant, etc. and allow for me to flip the part. Then paste Operation #2. The only thing I was concerned with was the line sequence numbers though. I would think I would have duplicates then unless there is some sort of auto re-sequence. Honestly, It's not a big deal to just load up another program for side #2 and run it. I also use BobCAD and it does all this in the post processor. I really like the CAD side of Fusion compared to BoB. I'm picking up the CAM side fairly well though too. I'm not saying BoB is bad but for a non career CAD person, Fusion CAD is way easier to work with thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotax91 View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your input and trying to assist. Sounds like you understand what I'm asking. Yes, I guess I could add the M00 stop easy enough, G28 the Z axis, shut off coolant, etc. and allow for me to flip the part. Then paste Operation #2. The only thing I was concerned with was the line sequence numbers though. I would think I would have duplicates then unless there is some sort of auto re-sequence. Honestly, It's not a big deal to just load up another program for side #2 and run it. I also use BobCAD and it does all this in the post processor. I really like the CAD side of Fusion compared to BoB. I'm picking up the CAM side fairly well though too. I'm not saying BoB is bad but for a non career CAD person, Fusion CAD is way easier to work with thus far.

Everything you describe IS taken care of by the post in Fusion if you post multiple setups at the same time. It's just that you have to add a manual stop operation as the last operation in the first setup (or I guess as the first operation in the second setup). There should be no G-code editing required.

C|