585,749 active members*
3,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need terminal block jumpers

I got a PCNC 1100 a few weeks ago and I'm wiring in a 12 volt and a 5 volt DIN mounted power supplies for the automatic drawbar and LED ring light. I need some jumpers that go in the center of the terminal blocks. Anyone know which terminal blocks Tormach uses in their machines?
    "You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Re: Need terminal block jumpers

I am guessing Tormach panels are probably built overseas. You may be able to measure the center distance spacing, then check Automation Direct and see what the spacing is on the various ones they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by scott216 View Post
    I got a PCNC 1100 a few weeks ago and I'm wiring in a 12 volt and a 5 volt DIN mounted power supplies for the automatic drawbar and LED ring light. I need some jumpers that go in the center of the terminal blocks. Anyone know which terminal blocks Tormach uses in their machines?
    Mouser Electronics carries other Tormach connectors (for example, the sealed 4th axis connector, one side of which is Mouser 517-206044-1). I'd expect them to have the others. Mouser is fast, fair priced, and has great customer service; call with some info and they'll probably be able to walk you to an exact match or a functional equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by scott216 View Post
    I got a PCNC 1100 a few weeks ago and I'm wiring in a 12 volt and a 5 volt DIN mounted power supplies for the automatic drawbar and LED ring light.
    It is a shame that Tormach sells you that stupid wall wort with the $1200 drawbar instead of including the 12V daughterboard that mounts on the DC power supply board. This daughterboard is only sold with the ATC.

Including it with the PDB kit makes much more sense than including it with the ATC.
    Every ATC owner has to buy the PDB, so they would get the daughterboard.

Attachment 295650
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

I ordered the P/N 31980 12V daughterboard, that fits on the P/N32005 DC Bus Board (Series 3 1100)

I agree it should be part of the PDB kit

David

Did you call Tormach and order it? I couldn't find it on their website.
    Tim

Tim, I called Tormach, and ordered it.

It took a while to get it because it was not stocked as a service part, it was only in ATC kits. It was around $106usd

There is a up-side to the wall wort, you can remove/install tooling in the PDB without having the mill powered up.

David

Well for $106, I would just settle for a DIN-mounted 12V power supply instead. That is pretty steep.
    Tim

I bet they're standard phoenix connector 6 or 8mm wide/pitch pass-thru connectors. Pop one of them off and get the manufacturer and model number off of the plastic body of one of them. Then search for the manufacturer, get the catalog if possible. You will find the Jumper or Jumper Bar part numbers in the catalog. It's always best to reference the manual as opposed to any website as it is not clear at all what parts mate with what via these websites.

Allied electronics will probably have the best price.
    Terminal Block Connectors - Connectors from Allied Electronics

I pulled out a terminal block to see who makes them. They are made by Utility Electric, p/n JUT3-4. I can only find them on Alibaba and I couldn't find any jumpers.
    "You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

They look like a knock off of the phoenix ST2.5
    Phoenix Contact - 3031212 - 10 mm PA 8 KV 20 A 600 V 26-12 AWG 2 1 Feed Thru Term Blk Conn - Allied Electronics

Phoenix Contact - 3030161 - Cross connections in the terminal center. Red 2 Plug-In Bridge Bridge - Allied Electronics
    Phoenix Contact - 3030187 - Cross connections in the terminal center. Red 4 Plug-In Bridge Bridge - Allied Electronics
    Phoenix Contact - 3030190 - Cross connections in the terminal center. Red 5 Plug-In Bridge Bridge - Allied Electronics

They don't have to be the same type, you can always run a wire in/from the previous into whichever ones you end up buying.

You can get higher density distribution blocks even to take up less space overall:
    Altech Corp. - CDL4U(I.S) - 600V Gray:35A (6Wx54Hx55.5L)mm 22-10AWG FeedThru DblLvl DINRail TermBlk Conn - Allied Electronics
    You can even jumper those, but you might want to think out your wiring scheme

I have found these snap together blocks handy to use - you would need jumbers for these as well.
    http://www.alliedelec.com/altech-corp-cmb4-10/70078316/

Thanks, I'll pickup one of the Phoenix jumpers and see if it works. Attached is a picture where I put two DIN mounted power supplies: 12v and 5v. I moved the brake resistor to the right of the VFD to make room.