584,866 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1500mm 2010 gten ballscrew bent

Hi there,

Just received a new gten 1500mm 2010 ballscrew and i have fitted the supports, I have laid the supports on blocks either end on a flat work surface and turning by hand i can visibly see a bend 2/3rds of the way along that at worst sways the screw 1.78mm of center.

This isn't normal for these screws is it? The screw its replacing is a cheap chinese SFU 2005 and that's straight as a die besides sag.

Cheers Jon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3034[1].jpg  

Re: 1500mm 2010 gten ballscrew bent

The supplier is saying they have no more in stock and they have no plan to get in anymore at the moment, even though their website says available and they are on sale! and my mate rung in who was told they are in stock! Obviously they dont want to lose out on the machining of the support ends to the point they are willing to lie to me.

The bends are one 1/3 of the way along and there is another inches from the end that brings the end back into line, its gone back and they say they are going to straighten it!? is this even possible? with one of the bends being right at the end i cant see they will get it out without damaging it. the way it has two bends says to me they have already tried this.

If they do manage to straighten it, could this effect the screws accuracy?

Really apreciate some advice on this as at the moment i have the option to get a full refund rather than possibly get back a screw that cant get up to speed.

All the other companies i have spoken to say they wouldn't even bother and it would be a new screw, and they wont be able to do it.

Depending how this goes, depends on whether i post the companies name here or not, but to buy a product and get sent a faulty one and the best they say they can do is mend it to me is not exactly a good service.