585,581 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

UCCNC & Stepcraft 300 problem

I have recently bought the Stepcraft v2 300 with the parallel port adapter and the uc100 motion controller. I'm trying to do my first CNC milling, but I have a problem. Whenever I try to jog the machine to the right on the X-axis, I get an error in UCCNC saying "A machine axis position software limit was reached. This axis was now stopped." I'm using the V2-300 profile from the CD.
    On a related note: when I load the included test file ("Stepcraft-Logo.nc"), no matter where I zero the machine, I always get the error: "The current job is out of the set software limits. Adjust the softlimits to fit the job extents or disable the softlimits."
    In the configuration tab the softlimits are set to 0 (-) and 207 (+). Altering these does not seem to have any effect.
    After installation everything seemed to run fine in a test run, but now I can't figure out how to make it work anymore.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    René

Re: UCCNC & Stepcraft 300 problem

Do you have home switches? Sounds like your machine coordinate X axis origin is not in the correct location.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

sounds like you have soft limits enabled and the machine is out of position. You have to home the machine again ot turn off the soft limits. Of course with softlimits off you stand the chance of overtravel.

Try to click on the Machine Coordinates button, so the red LED on this button is on. Here you'll see the actual coordinates. And indeed, as derek was saying, you have enabled soft limits.
    So you:
    - either disable the soft limits, which has its own risks
    - or you first home the axis, then go into the Machine Coordinates active (red LED on), then hit the Offline Mode button. Now you can virtually move the position with the arrows, so you can get to the exact position of the Machine Coordinates as the home position. this is the way I use to trick the machine. For sure there are others, but not that I know.