584,858 active members*
4,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Autodesk CAM > FUSION 360 and 3D strategy
Page 1 of 2 12

FUSION 360 and 3D strategy

Hi guys,
    what strategy do you recommend for the pocket and and round fillet ?
    Attachment 296532

Thanks.

Vincenzo

Re: FUSION 360 and 3D strategy

DO you have the proper corner rounding tool?

I'd say 2D Adaptive for the pocket material, and then profiles with a corner rounding tool. Book done 2 operations and finito.
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

I've used scallop to machine a radius when I don't have a corner rounder

Thanks big_mak, but i have only flat and round mills.
    Is preferred a 3d strategy.

2d cut out the pockets and then 3d the chamfers use selections to keep the paths limited to the area that needs to be cut (edit:scallop pass) .

tony

Quote Originally Posted by camivic View Post
    Thanks big_mak, but i have only flat and round mills.
    Is preferred a 3d strategy.
    if you only have a ball nose. in hsm pro, id use a 3d contour, use the touch/avoid edges selection tool (no other selections required) select the edges, click touch edge tick box and generate. not sure if fusion has this option or not. but it should still be achievable using 3d contour.

Scallops contain both contours and parallel passes but really you just want a contour.

Yes it is the same in fusion

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tony978 View Post
    Yes it is the same in fusion

Tony

It has touch edges? im surprised, does it have model selection tool just above touch/avoid edges in the panel? one of these isn't included if i remember rightly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446515845.507663.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	296550

Tony

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446515845.507663.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	296550

Tony

okay, i don't know why i bother paying for hsm pro anymore. is that the paid version ^

Yes that is the ultimate or full version how ever you want to look at it . They are still adding features to it . I am waiting on there version of v carve . It doesn't like large meshes , but I have done a work around and made a mesh into a solid . That is a relief model

Tony

Yes that is the ultimate or full version how ever you want to look at it . They are still adding features to it . I am waiting on there version of v carve . It doesn't like large meshes , but I have done a work around and made a mesh into a solid . That is a relief model

Tony

ahh ok. yeah so not in the free version.. hsm vcarve not heard about this!! It can already vcarve?

The startup/hobby/ student is also the full version . My understanding the vcarve was added to hsm a month ago and will be added to fusion at some point they didn't t give a date

Tony

The startup/hobby/ student is also the full version . My understanding the vcarve was added to hsm a month ago and will be added to fusion at some point they didn't t give a date

Tony

so free and paid is the same, I was talking to my autodesk representative about cutting the cost of my license who openly says if I don't need the extra features of Hsm pro then use the free version of fusion, I mentioned the 100k per year thing and he just said well I didn't tell you this but it's not policed at all. Lol he also told me how I can use Hsm pro free but requires regular reinstalls of trial version.

Autodesk are shooting themselves in the foot now because I originally too out Hsm pro for features that are now available in fusion so I'll be damned if I'm paying for something that other companies are getting free.

I would run the demo lic and make sure it does what you need . But your right why pay for something when it is not needed , I would and do give help/feedback on there forums.

Tony

Earlier in the year, Autodesk, added most of the Ultimate features into the free version. Those that were paying for Ultimate got an extra year for free.
    I think that down the road, Ultimate will have some more advanced features, like 5 axis. But for your average user, the free version has just about everything you would want or need. I just don't expect it to remain free forever.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

It has 4th/5th axis indexing now

Tony

Well looks like I just may have started a second buisness, it's a startup cad drafting company that does cad drafting in return for hobnobs and bacon sarnies. I shall call it cad for food, I think I now qualify I'll just have to keep a record of my eaten and un eaten accounts in case autodesk believe there's no ligitimate buisness going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I just don't expect it to remain free forever.
    The Autodesk employees on the Fusion 360 forums seem convinced that the
    company is committed to free users for the long haul. For the sake of all the free users
    I hope they're right.

The reason I paid in was to get the introductory $300/yr license. My understanding is this price remains the same for the life of the software, as long as the user keeps up the payments
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclestart View Post
    The Autodesk employees on the Fusion 360 forums seem convinced that the
    company is committed to free users for the long haul. For the sake of all the free users
    I hope they're right.

The reason I paid in was to get the introductory $300/yr license. My understanding is this price remains the same for the life of the software, as long as the user keeps up the payments
    I also bought in for the lower long term rate, but my recollection is that it was "Fusion 360 Ultimate for the price of Fusion 360 Standard for life", not necessarily $300/year for life. If Fusion 360 Standard goes up to $1000/year and Fusion Ultimate goes up to $3600/year (not likely given that you could get Inventor/HSM Pro for about that price), then my understanding is that we would get Fusion 360 Ultimate for $1000/year. My guess is that it will stay in the range of the $300/year, but I am prepared for the fact that it may go up a little as well. If they add in the HSM Pro strategies to make up a difference between "Standard" and "Ultimate", that will still be a heck of a deal. It will be hard for them to justify an "Ultimate" version as we were promised without adding some significant additional capabilities that aren't in Standard, and for now there is no difference with multiaxis indexing in the standard version from what I can tell. I suspect the difference will be the morphing multiaxis toolpaths with 5 axis simultaneous, since anything short of that now is hardly a difference to warrant charging extra over Standard.

As an "Ultimate" client, we also get more support than a standard user, but I haven't tried that out yet.

Page 1 of 2 12