584,842 active members*
4,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynapath > compumill 4000 autocon dynapath delta cnc 50me controller help

compumill 4000 autocon dynapath delta cnc 50me controller help

recently bought a compumill 4000 with a delta 50me controller it is missing the hard drive it seems to run but get nothing on monitor im wondering if I can get the original software for it if its not in the flash memory and shouldn't I be getting some sort of signal to the monitor

Re: compumill 4000 autocon dynapath delta cnc 50me controller help

jerm16,

You should see the standard PC self-test information on the monitor on boot up even if there is no hard drive or working flash memory.

The monitor on a Delta 50 gets a standard VGA monitor signal from the controller. Hook up a VGA monitor directly to the controller to see if the monitor is the issue. If you are still getting no display you may have a power supply or main board issue.

RT

Quote Originally Posted by cngbrick View Post
    jerm16,

You should see the standard PC self-test information on the monitor on boot up even if there is no hard drive or working flash memory.

The monitor on a Delta 50 gets a standard VGA monitor signal from the controller. Hook up a VGA monitor directly to the controller to see if the monitor is the issue. If you are still getting no display you may have a power supply or main board issue.

RT
    thanks for the reply I did receive the hard drive and still had nothing on screen messed with contrast and as I turned it all the way down then up real fast the screen would flash so I hooked up a monitor and it is working but gets a hard drive error on boot up prob since it came from diff machine and says press f1 to set up so now I'm waiting on a cord to convert a ps2 to at keyboard connection so I can press f1

Did you try booting without the hard drive using your external monitor just to see if it goes through the boot up sequence?

RT

Did you try booting without the hard drive using your external monitor just to see if it goes through the boot up sequence?

RT
    No I didn't but will try that after work can you do anything without the hard drive if it does boot like jog mode or anything

The hard drive is an option on Delta 40/50 and is not needed for normal operation. I believe it's just used for extra program storage capacity and conversational graphics files (also an option). The executive program is stored on the memory card (which has it's own separate battery that can die).

RT

The hard drive is an option on Delta 40/50 and is not needed for normal operation. I believe it's just used for extra program storage capacity and conversational graphics files (also an option). The executive program is stored on the memory card (which has it's own separate battery that can die).

RT
    I was wondering if that was how it worked from the small amount of info I found. Thanks again your a big help this is my first cnc so it's gonna be fun. I'm guessing the battery is the aa attached to the case can I replace it as long as the power is on so info will not be lost like on a plc

There are two batteries on the controller. One is for the parameter ram on the main board, the other is for the memory card. There are also several variations of main boards with different battery configurations (some soldered, some replaceable). If you are not certain what battery you are dealing with and its suitable replacement, please post a picture here on the site or give Dynapath a call to obtain a replacement -- they have always been most helpful for me.

RT

There are two batteries on the controller. One is for the parameter ram on the main board, the other is for the memory card. There are also several variations of main boards with different battery configurations (some soldered, some replaceable). If you are not certain what battery you are dealing with and its suitable replacement, please post a picture here on the site or give Dynapath a call to obtain a replacement -- they have always been most helpful for me.

RT
    Yeah it booted without the hard drive says something about multi touch key invalid or missing and low batt I'm guessing it died and all is lost is it possible to reload the lost memory

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jerm316 View Post
    Yeah it booted without the hard drive says something about multi touch key invalid or missing and low batt I'm guessing it died and all is lost is it possible to reload the lost memory
    I will call dynapath tomarrow also thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

It looks like the option key is missing or damaged. The option key looks like a watch battery and is located on the axis card. Dynapath will be able to identify the meaning of this error message for you.

RT

[QUOTE=cngbrick;1786312]It looks like the option key is missing or damaged. The option key looks like a watch battery and is located on the axis card. Dynapath will be able to identify the meaning of this error message for you.

RT[/QUOTE. Not looking good looks like someone replaced the key with a battery they wouldn't give me a price he said they used to charge $1000 for them cause they only had like 10 but they found more so he has to check on price gotta call them back

I was afraid of that. Hopefully your axis board is not fried as well. Can you contact the person who sold you the machine and see if they still have the key they replaced with a battery?

I was afraid of that. Hopefully your axis board is not fried as well. Can you contact the person who sold you the machine and see if they still have the key they replaced with a battery?
    No but the dynapath guys are pretty helpful they had price wrong they have keys for $200 tech guy said board should be ok

Good to know, I've always had good support from Dynapath.

RT