Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 9 789

Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

G.weike new design 1390 laser cutting machine, maybe can consider

Attachment 350216

Quote Originally Posted by Imcclellan View Post
    My Bodor has rust on it as well after a clean up last week on it.
    Not uncommon to let the bare frames set outside or to save $ they don't prime the metal before painting. The result is cabinets oxidize pretty quick... even before it arrives to the US. To mitigate
    the problem they grease up the exterior of the machine. I've read of others with the same problem.

I took delivery of my BCL X 1006 in Feb and it had no rust whatsoever and still has noe after 3 months in my shop they powder-coat everything as far as I can tell, I feel it is one impressive finish.

For powder coating, you won't necessarily see how the prep was carried out. Just like primer under paint, surface prep is critical for good powder coating. Same for surface prep under primer. Correctly would be bead blasted and dipped in detergent several times. Then rinsed a few times. There are also undercoatings or dips that help primer or powder coating adhere better. I generally expect about a 3 out of 10 for Chinese finishes. My Novakon Pulsar was about 8 out of 10 for it's powder coated finish. Still no rust anywhere on it after 4 years and lots and lots of water based coolant.
    I would think you should get lots of mileage on the finish of a good laser like these.
    Some that have rust issues already may be prior to a change to finish prep, though a company that big should be well aware of proper machinery finishing.
    Lee

Lee I agree with what you are saying and have a bit of experience with having powder coating done on my show and race cars over the years. As in most processes its all about the prep
    The finish on the three Bodors that I know of is every bit as good as what is on my torus pro as far as I can tell, and with the overall attention to detail paid on other components and assembly of the machine I would be surprised if the finish is not of the same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    For powder coating, you won't necessarily see how the prep was carried out. Just like primer under paint, surface prep is critical for good powder coating. Same for surface prep under primer. Correctly would be bead blasted and dipped in detergent several times. Then rinsed a few times. There are also undercoatings or dips that help primer or powder coating adhere better. I generally expect about a 3 out of 10 for Chinese finishes. My Novakon Pulsar was about 8 out of 10 for it's powder coated finish. Still no rust anywhere on it after 4 years and lots and lots of water based coolant.
    I would think you should get lots of mileage on the finish of a good laser like these.
    Some that have rust issues already may be prior to a change to finish prep, though a company that big should be well aware of proper machinery finishing.
    yep, the 'surface prep under the primer' is very critical. With sandblasting if that metal substrate isn't all clean of dirt, oil, rust, corrosion, etc. then it won't have a surface profile and the powder coat will fail completely. You would think a bigger company is especially aware of that but some evidence suggesting otherwise.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bodor_laser_rust_1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	360334
    Attachment 360332

I am sorry to see that,
    Is that right out of the crate?
    I know of 3 or 4 other Bodor machines including mine and all Have a great factory finish.

Quote Originally Posted by wwendorf View Post
    Also, here is a video I did on using corel draw. It's got a nice little timelapse of the final design output at the end.

Hope it helps someone.

Wade

Seems like a lot of work, where editing the vector fill for the boat to a solid colour would take seconds and leave you with the original vector for cutting. Or... take a copy, bitmap it and lay it on top of your boat/gradient.

Not really. Bitmaps don't produce as clean engravings as vectors do, plus they scale in size with no lack of detail.

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Zootalaws View Post
    Seems like a lot of work, where editing the vector fill for the boat to a solid colour would take seconds and leave you with the original vector for cutting. Or... take a copy, bitmap it and lay it on top of your boat/gradient.

Haven't you got that the wrong way round? Bitmaps don't scale without interpolation. Vectors scale infinitely, with no loss of detail.

I was commenting on how you take a vector, convert it to bitmap just to remove the gradient which would cause you problems - if you just removed the gradient from the original vector, you would negate having to do that whole process.

If you need mixed cutting/engraving, you can solid-fill your vector shape with whatever colour is relevant to your engraving power..

OOOH YEAH I just read this entire thread and I am contacting Bodor now and seeing what my options are

Looks like I am After the BCL1309X

130W in power
    friction rotary
    chuck rotary
    extra laser power supply

what other options would you suggest for placing the order? does that list sound about right?

thanks

Hi dear please told me your email and whatsapp.then I will send you our suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by workinwoods View Post
    OOOH YEAH I just read this entire thread and I am contacting Bodor now and seeing what my options are

Looks like I am After the BCL1309X

130W in power
    friction rotary
    chuck rotary
    extra laser power supply

what other options would you suggest for placing the order? does that list sound about right?

thanks
    There is a Bodor distributor right here in the states, located in North Carolina. Its Novakon / Bodor laser. you can find them at CNC Machinery | Metal Machining | Novakon take a look at the laser tab, they sell CNC mills also. Ask for John. You save the trouble and all the hidden expenses of trying to import a machine yourself. And customer service is top shelf. The only thing I would add is a honey comb table for doing small and flexible parts.

Quote Originally Posted by ram48 View Post
    There is a Bodor distributor right here in the states, located in North Carolina. Its Novakon / Bodor laser. you can find them at CNC Machinery | Metal Machining | Novakon take a look at the laser tab, they sell CNC mills also. Ask for John. You save the trouble and all the hidden expenses of trying to import a machine yourself. And customer service is top shelf. The only thing I would add is a honey comb table for doing small and flexible parts.
    Oh nice man thank you for that info I will get in contact with them

Quote Originally Posted by BLshop View Post
    Not uncommon to let the bare frames set outside or to save $ they don't prime the metal before painting. The result is cabinets oxidize pretty quick... even before it arrives to the US. To mitigate
    the problem they grease up the exterior of the machine. I've read of others with the same problem.
    No rust on mine when it arrived... or now. No grease either. Of course, I'm not basing this on things I read on the internet. I bought a Bodor and found out for myself. It's been 4 years now.

Adrian

Wondering if the Bodor machine is still working out in terms of durability and support. Recent feedback has not been
    good with tech support as of late.
    Thank you

I am curious too , as I have one and ..............got an email from the dealer today and bodor is going to replace the controller we'll see how thatgoes, the last time they helped with a power supply it took months
    but its positive direction again
    maybe this is going to run

Page 9 of 9 789