585,698 active members*
3,590 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > FRENIC 5000MS5 control problem

FRENIC 5000MS5 control problem

I´m working on getting a Hectomark mill work with Mach3 and is having problems with the spindle drive which is a FRENIC 5000MS5 (manual attached)
    I can start it with the FWD input but it doesnt react on the analog 0-10v signal, and when I start it, it moves quite strange its like it pulses the motor at very low speed once every second or so
    I have read something about this drive having the option to rotate the spindle for 90 degree and the lock it with a lockpin for toolchange so maybe its stuck in that mode somehow.

Also it has an option card OPCII-MS5-PE for encoder feedback (page 107 in the manual) but there is no info about it, execept that I found a little info in the catalogue for the drive which had an overview of the signals but only like here is inputs and here is outputs, nothing specific

I cant find any parameter which configures the input speed command so I guess its only the 0-10 that is available.

All help is appreciated

Re: FRENIC 5000MS5 control problem

I found a catalogue with a little detail about the option cards, at least with schematics with labels on the inputs and outputs, but I cant see anything that should overide the speed input if none of the CN7 pins are activated?
    The relevant page is 15.
    Please take a look and tell me if I have missed something.

Hi, I know this is an old thread, I'm hoping you're still around, did you ever get this problem solved or find any more information? I have the same problem and I cannot find any information. any help you can provide I would very much appreciate.
    Cut your way in... Weld your way out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossfireX View Post
    Hi, I know this is an old thread, I'm hoping you're still around, did you ever get this problem solved or find any more information? I have the same problem and I cannot find any information. any help you can provide I would very much appreciate.
    Hi!, we didnt, we changed it to a regular vfd instead as the customer had no use of the indexing function.