584,858 active members*
4,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fanuc 0i-Md Data Server Question

Hi everyone,

First off I want to say how great of a community is on here and it has already helped me tremendously. We have a YCM NXV1680A which has Fanuc 0i-Md controls and we had the data server option installed. From this machine we have the ability to run any program we transfer over to the data server by using the "main program" soft button on the control. We don't have to call it out as a sub program or give it an Oxxx file name.

We just purchased a Makino PS65 which also has a Fanuc 0i-Md controller (with the Makino ProP on top). We had the data server option installed on this machine also. However there is no "Main Program" soft button on the control. There is DNC Set and M198 Set. I have managed to run programs (with help from this forum) by calling out a program on the data server from a program on the NC memory.

My question is, does anyone know of a setting or parameter I can change on the Makino to get the "main program" soft button for the data server?

Thanks for help.

P.S. I am not an operator of these machines, I'm a designer who somehow managed to become involved in setting up both of our CNC machines. Our operators really like the simplicity of running the programs directly from the data server and I want to streamline their workflow on the new machine.

P.P.S. Makino does have an application engineer coming to our facility at some point in the future. So if anyone else has this issue and its not figured out by then I will let everyone know if they have an answer.

Re: Fanuc 0i-Md Data Server Question

I would not change parameters on an in warranty machine, call the service department. They are the ones who should set up your machine to your liking.