584,837 active members*
5,496 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

MillPlus Control Need Service Manual

Hello all:

We have several DMG machines with MillPlus controls (version V420) and it is getting harder and harder to find repair technicians. I don't want these machines to become orphans, they are still mechanically sound. Anyone have the Service Manual for this control? We need to start documenting them so we can repair them ourselves.

Dan

Re: MillPlus Control Need Service Manual

Ive got what i believe is a service manual for millplus controls , but its in german , and i dont read or speak german

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jpmb33 View Post
    Ive got what i believe is a service manual for millplus controls , but its in german , and i dont read or speak german

That unfortunately is the wiring diagram. Thanks though for trying. We got that one already

Ok , we have a couple more , i will have a look for them next week when back at work

Hi Dan

I don't now if this is what you are looking for. This is the controller manual for millplus 420-500
    http://www.millplus.de%2Fpdf%2Fuserm...,d.bGQ&cad=rja
    I have a DMU 50 V with millplus controller (currently malfunctioning, An other thread) and a lot of documentation to it. If this isn't the document you are looking for a might have it in hard copy. I can scan the necessary document to PDF for you.

/Tobias

Ok, we weem to have that one too. Our control is version 420. We currently have two problems.

1 -- The machine has bad reversal spikes (not backlash) in the "y" direction; the specs for the control say that it can compensate for reversal spikes, but how to do it would be in the manual given to technicians.
    2 -- We bought a machine that somehow has lost the linear compensation values. It used to be the values were input as parameters, but now they are input as a file; there is a procedure on how to do this, but again, this is information that only the service technician would have.

With all the changes in the DMG organization, you can't find anyone anymore that has the slightest idea how to service a V420 MillPlus machine. Which is unfortunate, because when they run, they are fantastic.

Dan

these are the guys we use in the UK when our deckels go down ,Second hand CNC machines, CNC lathe for sale UK - B&B technical Services

Hi Dan

This is at best only an educated guess. Have never tried it myself. I am still learning how the system works myself . What I can surmise when I read the documentation I have is that it is a combination of response time of the servo and backlash to reduse reversal spikes.
    Here is a link to an article describing the procedure on a Fanuc system. Other addresses for the parameters. But I think that the approach is the same. Adjusting Parameters After a Ballbar Test
    To the machine I have, I got a CD with the number of programs and a disket with some files. Including a file called CM.CM The file contains all the settings for the machine, including linear compensation values. The file should be in the System folder on the machine. I don't know If you can copy the file by using the CdsLite program that is on CD or if that program only is transferring milling data to the machine . If not there is always the possibility off removing the drive from the machine and connect it to a PC and transfer the file this way.
    I have a PDF document that lists the machine parameters for Millplus V40x and the CM file for my machine for comparison if that is any help to you.

/Tobias

Hi Tobias

Do you still have the PDF document, Finally got the CDS Lite software fromm Heidenhain but I don't know how to transfer a program from PC to the control, I guess s a parameter problem.

BR
    Hector

We use CIMCO DNC-Max to drip feed via Moxa units since the software has been optimized to work with them. Using this approach you can get the fastest transfer speed possible via RS232. If you setup your drip feed properly as well as your path filtering in your CAM you will likely never need anything else for the machine. We routinely run our machine for more than 10 hours non-stop using this setup and it works very well. On the older Philips/Grundig versions of this control it is pretty much the only way to run them on large programs.

Dan (Dullfig), can you please contact me? I have access to plenty of documentation on the Millplus controls but I also would like to get feedback on how your v420 install went.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
    Hi Dan

I don't now if this is what you are looking for. This is the controller manual for millplus 420-500
    http://www.millplus.de%2Fpdf%2Fuserm...,d.bGQ&cad=rja
    I have a DMU 50 V with millplus controller (currently malfunctioning, An other thread) and a lot of documentation to it. If this isn't the document you are looking for a might have it in hard copy. I can scan the necessary document to PDF for you.

/Tobias
    Hello,
    I also having DMU50V 5 axis no manual book. I have no experience about this. Could you please send me some document as PDF that you have. Pls send to [email protected]

Best Regards,
    Dew

hi
    your problem solved?
    I am having DMU 50V with millplus model.
    My machine hard disk got crashed.
    I need your machine hard disk data.
    Can anybody help with their machine hard disk backup data?

regards
    senthil kumar

Hello, I have a DMU50 evolution 2000 with millplus 410 ,i can make a copy of my hard drive and send it to you, if you cant find for the V model.

Hii

I want your machine backup.
    My email address is [email protected]

Please tell your email address.

We can communicate through email.
    Thanks for understanding.

hii Drimaropoulos....

I want your backup.
    Please mention your email address.

Hello sorry for the delay, i have send a dropbox link with the content of the hard drive.
    Regards John

I have also send you a .tib file, you can make a bootable disc exactly the same with my hard disc with acronis true image.
    Regards John

I think the original iplc program witch controls the input and outputs of the machine is stored in the processor board, if you boot my hard disc in your system it is possible that the original ipls program stored in your pc to override with my Ipls program that controls the newer chain type of tool changer.
    Just be careful and do a lilt research more.
    Regards John

Hi Drimaropoulos ,
    I m from Romania and I have trouble with my DMU50V millplus milling,
    In fact after parameter erasing (because of processor battery ) , I have successful reinstall all parameters (I was lucky to have saved them before)
    Now the machine is working but I cant change the tooling because of allarm : E252 Tool in toolchanger gripper
    But this machine dont have toolchanger gripper instaled
    Have you some idea how I can debug this alarm ?
    Thank you in advance for your reply ,
    Ion

It is probably a wrong parameter, I can give you my parameters but I have the chain type tool changer and not the classic umbrella style of the 50V, so some of the parameters will be different.

Page 1 of 2 12