584,805 active members*
4,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > We are moving to the USA!
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: We are moving to the USA!

Very cool. I live in Winston Salem NC... Very very cool.

The coffee pot will be the first thing I turn on...I hope to see you there soon!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    The coffee pot will be the first thing I turn on...I hope to see you there soon!

John
    Hey John. You're still able to ship out replacement parts now? Just ordered a spindle assembly

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Phase 1 complete!

The shop is all packed up and on it way to North Carolina. It looks like we got most of the shop into one van truck with minor things left for the household truck. Travel day is looking to be Friday (it slipped 3 days) and arrival for unloading will likely be on Monday and Tuesday.

For those wanting parts, we will have to ship them when we get down to our new shop. I will take a little more time to better arrange the stock on the shelves but I should have access to the parts in very short order.

The first step is to reconstruct the overhead shelving and set up the benching so we can get back into chassis assembly for the mills. The new milling machines are now being arranged to arrive when the shop will be completely set up, so anyone interested in the first mills from the USA can work with Khai on the sales email address.

I will have more pictures coming soon.

Regards,
    John

Update...

The first truck came in two days ago and we unloaded about 1/3 of this truck. I have another full truck coming in on Friday or Saturday with the bulk of the equipment. To top it off, there should be another 1/4 truck load of miscellaneous parts the following week. It has been a busy few days setting up the utilities and internet, but most things are coming into place fairly quickly. I will have more pictures of the unloading with the next truck.

I can imagine just how exciting.......and exhausting all this is for you!!! Thanks for the pics! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the inside of the shop.......maybe a video "factory tour" when all setup?

....and the BOB showed up no prob....thanks!!
    Don't have to be too bright to be me

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    Update...

The first truck came in two days ago and we unloaded about 1/3 of this truck. I have another full truck coming in on Friday or Saturday with the bulk of the equipment. To top it off, there should be another 1/4 truck load of miscellaneous parts the following week. It has been a busy few days setting up the utilities and internet, but most things are coming into place fairly quickly. I will have more pictures of the unloading with the next truck.
    Glad the move is moving along. Hope is all goes smoothly for you. Got my Pulsar uncrated and pretty much set up. Still have to move it to it's permanent location in the shop and install the chip trays and fill the coolant tank with the coolant you gave me.

Steve

2nd truck arrived...

We finally received more of our shop supplies and started to begin the set up. First order of business was to unload the forklift so I can unload the rest of the truck. I was a little concerned about the available power in the battery since it was setting for awhile and the overall life of the battery is down since I bought it years ago, but we made it to the end of the unloading. We used a tilt bed car hauler to unload the forklift to our dock which everything very easy. The rest of the skids were easy to handle after that.

Next order of business is setting up the overhead shelving and getting the floor space opened up again for the next truck due to arrive next week. most of what is on the last truck are the bench stock items and most of the shelving and test equipment. I do have some of the tooling items so the new orders I have seen from the store should be filled now from our new location. This week I will concentrate on the shop layout and setting up everything needed to begin assembling the chassis and prepare for the first shipments of mills due to come in.

Strange thing that happens when you size up a building before you load it up...it looks so much bigger! Even so, it is more than adequate space for the immediate future.

Here are a few more pics of the progress.

Regards,
    John

I'm glad to see you're getting things set up John. This does make a quick run for parts a thing of the past though.
    Novakon NM200 V2, Smithy 9X20 CNC Lathe, Omniturn GT75 Lathe, Haas ST25

We are in the USA!

Still more progress...

Everything is here now and we are setting up the bulk overhead storage spaces. I have the work benches in place and now it is time to clean out most of the boxes from the house move so I can claim my work space again. Over the next couple of days, I will have the basic layout I want and I will start to open more shipping boxes to find my parts and tools. The office will be the last thing I will do since the shop is where the action is.

John

I would have expected hand hewn timbers coming from Canada. Not #2 pine framing.
    Looking good.
    Lee

Glad to see you are moving......on. I am interested in Novakon and came here to see if you guys would be at the NAMES show.....tomorrow.

Obviously not ,,,with the big move and resettlement shock waves........ Well maybe I can see a Novakon soon anyhow

Thanks
    Dave

Time for another few more pictures.... The set up has been going well so far and I am about a week away until I start making more mill assemblies again. The bench work area is set up nicely with more than enough lighting! I am paying more attention to the placement of stock in the work area to make sure I don't have the same pitfalls like I did in the last shop. The parts room is almost set up but I still have a lot of work to do to catalog all of parts for the older mills. This will come over a little more time.

I have some cannibalized mills for anyone that may want to take on a project from the ground up. There is a NM-145 and two NM-135s that are available for quick sell. I will be placing them on the close out store a little later, but if there is anyone who would want to negotiate a deal, just let me know. I just don't have time to fuss with these mills and this is a good time to get a deal on a home project.

More to come shortly....

Regards,
    John

I like the use of vertical space! Looking good.

Yes, the vertical space is very important piece of real estate. With the forklift, I can pick the top shelve skids and get what I want and very easily.

I have finished with the shelving and now all I need to do is work on all of the little pockets to put things. I changed a couple of ideas I had after looking over the situation a bit. But for now, I can start working and over time I will streamline the rest. You can see in the pictures most of the shop is organized and I also included an outside shot of the building.

Notice all of the lighting? I wanted to make sure I had plenty. I also found that the new low energy bulbs are pretty cheap now.

Greetings with another update.

We are finally up and running with a full production line! You can see we lined up four Pulsars and two Torus PROs for a production line assembly. We are now starting to fulfill the backorders and by next week, we will have made some room for the next shipment being prepared now for shipping. The actual startup took and extra month due to coordinating schedules with the different factories, but it should be routine from this point on.

There is another product improvement we would like to take time to mention. The Quick Tool Change tooling for the new Automatic Tool Changer (QTC) build by Santa Cruz Engineering are available now. These new ER20 Holders are a new line of "GOLD" series tool holders that have unsurpassed calibration. We have dedicated our office in China to verify the true calibration of these tools to be the highest standard for the price. Each "GOLD" series tool is personally checked to ensure they meet higher standards. Pass/fail acceptance criteria for these tools is .0008" run out. We have typically seen calibration values as low as .0003" while the majority are .0006" or better. So is you need better tooling with your ATC, we have them.

More picture will be forth coming.

Regards,
    John

Looking good John.

John, really liking the set-up!

Wow, the ATC is ready to go? I still need get that PDB first, I hate tool changes right now.

Shop looks good!

-Jason

My family and I are planning to fly to the USA the day before, because they want to transfer me to work there. Maybe someone knows good visa centers?

Page 3 of 3 123