584,802 active members*
4,949 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

School Project

I'm taking a CNC course in my mechanical engineering program, and need some help for a final project.

We've been assigned to price out equipment and installation of two CNC machines (one lathe and one mill) to produce an assortment of parts for a simulated shop (the parts dicated the machines we chose). This includes the cost of the machines, delivery, qualified installation and a software package among other things.

There are a lot more details (please ask if you need), but my group is having some trouble when it comes to choosing and pricing out software. In our labs we use a MasterCAM software package to design for both the CNC lathe and mill at our school.

This is along the same lines as the package I would like to use for this project. I understand that you can't just go to mastercam.com and click 'buy', but I'm having trouble finding prices anywhere.

I got a range of 3000-12000 USD so far (and I may already be off), but I need to refine this.

Any input would be most appreciated!

Call here http://www.inhousesolutions.com/company/about.php and get the info you need for your area.

or call the Education div of Mastercam you can find there info on the mastercam site.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .