585,761 active members*
4,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > lathestock setup - newbie

lathestock setup - newbie

I took a workshop in 9 over the summer and am JUST starting on 10, but the resources aren't helping me much.

How do you view the boundaries of your stock and set the midpoint line like it automatically had setup for you in 9? I can display my left chuck and tail, but can't see the rest. Do I have to draw the midpoint line and create a rectangle boundary or is there a quick key?

Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but this girl is frustrated! SOmeone help..I jsut want to start with a standard pawn!
    "Craft is What I do All Day. Art is what I have at the end of it" Jean Weller

I've never done anything in lathe so this may be of little help...

Did you look at the "Mastercam X - Getting Started Guide" ? (.pdf)

I just took a quick peek and it seemed to contain a pretty nice walkthrough...

Sorry I can't help more than that...

Did you go into the Stock set up as this now located under the Machine Control that you picked and is in the ops manger.

I think I am missing waht you want show me a picture please.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thank you Blackc1 if you are talking about mine and welcome to the forum.
    I see you are close by me here in Cali.
    Can I ask if your company uses MC?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .