585,729 active members*
4,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OSP 200M linear move and rotary move on same line. How is feedrate calculated

OSP 200M linear move and rotary move on same line. How is feedrate calculated

Hi,

Searched for quite a bit but didn't see anything on this before. If I have a program that is making linear move at IPM and then I want to make a linear move and rotary move together on an Okuma MB460-VE. How is the rotary feedrate, which is in degrees per minute (I assume) and the linear move mixed on the same line. For example, say I am moving at a current linear feed rate of 4 IPM to plunge an end mill into a hollow cylinder and then I want to turn the 4th axis at a rotary rate along with a small linear move to create a cam barrel groove. How would it interpret the following line of code

G01M16A-20.0Y-0.835F230.

Would it move the Y move at 230. IPM and the A rotary axis at 230. DPM at the same time? Would it interpret the rotary move as ending at the Y coordinate and synchronize the speed of the Y move to keep the rotary at this rate? Is there a way to specify the feed rate for the linear move separately from the rotary axis rate? Would you need to? The Y and A moves would then be repeated to make a curved groove.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: OSP 200M linear move and rotary move on same line. How is feedrate calculated

Code:
    8. Linear Interpolation (G01)
    [Function]
    In the G01 linear interpolation mode, axes move directly from the actual position to the specified
    target point at the specified feedrate.
    [Programming format]
    G01 IP__F__
    IP: Target point (end point)
    F: Feedrate. The specified feedrate remains valid until updated by another value.
    [Details]
    • A feedrate value specified with address “F” is cleared to zero when the NC is reset. Note that
    the F command value is saved when the NC is reset if a feedrate is specified in an F1-digit
    command.
    • The feedrate for each axis is as indicated below. (For values X, Y, and Z, convert them into an
    incremental value.)

For the rotary axis, the unit of feedrate is regarded as indicated below:
    1 mm/min = 1 deg/min
    1 inch/min = 1 deg/min
    In linear interpolation including a rotary axis, the feedrates are determined according to the formulas
    given above for the individual axes.
    Example:
    G91 G01 X10 C20 F30.0
    <“mm” input>
    .......It is not coming thru correctly

SEE YOUR programming manual #5228-E Page-34
    SECTION 3 FEED FUNCTIONS ----- > subsection # 8. Linear Interpolation (G01)
    ---- it has examples on how to calculate

Only 1 feedrate control per line

Extra info in section 13 (Rotary Axis Command ) page 253

if only XYZ on the command line, then the programmed feed is Units per minute ( units being mm or inch)
    if only ABC ( rotary movement ), the programmed feed is Degrees per minute
    if both linear & rotary addresses on the line, it is Units per minute

Re: OSP 200M linear move and rotary move on same line. How is feedrate calculated

Thanks for the reply Superman. Looking through the manual, I see what you are referring to, it's on page 35 of my manual. The feed rate is calculated by a formula which adjusts both speeds according to a vector formula that adjusts both speeds accordingly. I'll post it here as an attachment. The 30 in the formula is what's after the "F" so my line of code would move the Y at 102 IPM and the A axis at 205 DPM.

Thanks again,

Tom