584,800 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

tool setter touch probe

I am new to cnc and I am not a programmer. I have been setting up my new machine and I'm having trouble calibrating the touch sensor. I need a basic(simple) step by step guide for setting the macro. The sensor came in a box with no paperwork. I have looked at the example macro.cnc in the software but it doesn't work because I have not calibrated the tool.
    I know that this is a very basic thing to ask but I would appreciate any help.

Cheers!

Re: tool setter touch probe

Re: tool setter touch probe

Quote Originally Posted by Geko69 View Post
    Da stimmt etwas ned.. in chinese.."Sum ting wong!" i lasted 4 minutes before i started pulling out my hair.. How can you calibrate a Toolsetter with a tool of which you don't know the length?

The EdingCNC's Own macro does work like it should, and i know.. because i'm the one who wrote it, years before Sorrytec.. ehrm.. Sorotec came out with this abomination.

The thing is.. when Calibrating.. Use a Piece of Rod, or a mill long enough to rest against the back of the spindlepocket.. Using a "dedicated piece of rod" is preferrable, since you will not mill with it.. and therefore it will not break..
    Measure the lengt of the "Calibration tool" from the spindle nut, within a millimeter is close enough.. , because a tapemeasure is a handy tool to "measure" the length of any new tool, then start the calibration routine.. the Control asks you to position the tool above the toolsensor, and the Coordinates are automatically stored.. then it probes down, and calculates the Sensor height, taking the tool length into account..

When you're done.. just insert another tool, and if you want to measure it on the toolsetter, the controll will come with a dialog asking the tool length.. Just measure it with a tape measure, key in that value, and hit Ok.. that is all..