584,837 active members*
5,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Axes move wrong direction when homing. EZ TRAK DX II

Axes move wrong direction when homing. EZ TRAK DX II

When homing the spindle moves down, the table left, and the saddle back, all moving away from the micro switches. Then gives a Z DAC error. Changed the sign in parameters and machine parameters (BMDC 5.92) from -1 to +1 for X, Y, and Z axis to no effect. X, Y, and Z switches check out using Tuner.
    Mill made in 1996 serial #8150E. Ball screw for y axis mounted on front of head. BMD ver 7, Parameter maintenance program 3.2.
    What should I check next?

Re: Axes move wrong direction when homing. EZ TRAK DX II

Additional Information: When homing, after pushing plus all three axes move the wrong way at the same time. Push any key, push escape- dials can be turned by hand with power turned off, X,Y,and Z position readouts on screen do not change

Is there a pair of wires or a jumper that could be switched to cause the motors to run in the wrong direction?

Good afternoon,

Yes and no. There is something that is causing the machine to think the home switch has already been actuated. Interesting that all of the axis are doing it at once. Give EMI a call @610-287-4240 and ask for Aaron or Mark, they can help walk you through it.

Jon
    H&W Machine

Thank you for giving it some thought, Jonathan,
    I called EMI, and was referred to DB2 Repair in Warren.
    I have observed when attempting to home when manually trip a home switch the axes stop moving and a axes homed message is displayed. The coordinates still don't update when turning the hand wheels and none of the motors respond to jogging.
    I'll update with what I found out.

John Hewlett

Solution found! DB 2 Repair Group found that the ribbon cable (not a bridgeport part the cable ends were blue rather than black) connected to the BMDC had the + and minus wires assembled to the wrong end of the connector. After replacing the offending ribbon cable and several rounds of parts swapping the motherboard, the DOM, one AXBOB, the Jog +- switch and +- Axis motion switch the machine homed normally and was able to position the table with the Jog and Axis motion switch.