585,760 active members*
3,707 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > post scripting output to xml????

post scripting output to xml????

Here is my situation. As of right now, I populate the “user comments” section with all of the important setup information, x/y zero location, z zero location, vise or fixture setup, parallel size, etc… Some times human error makes me type x/y zero is rt/bk, when it actually is lt/bk. I have told my operators to go by the given “stock information”, as it is bobcad generated and is going to be more accurate. So what I am wanting to do is add an advanced posting page with check boxes, combo boxes and edit boxes with standard setup comments that will automatically populate my setup information. But this creates a problem. Without me populating the “user comments” fields, the setup sheets created by bobcad will no longer have all the important setup information!!!

Is there a way to generate xml data from the post script, so that after the scripting sets the setup information up, I can grab that information in the xml, xsl, css files and add it back in where the “user comments” section is at??

Thanx for any help with this guys!!

Re: post scripting output to xml????

Okay, so I have been searching and playing around with my post. So as of right now, when I click on “POST”, IE opens up with a setup sheet, then gives me an error. Aside from the error right now, or maybe they are related, but when IE opens the setup sheet, it is the last setup sheet that I have made. None of the information is updated.

Here is what I have got:

Set objExplorer = CreateObject(“InternetExplorer.Application”)
    objExplorer.Navigate “C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAM V4\Setup Sheets\Templates\Mill SetupSheet\setup_sheet.xml”
    objExplorer.ToolBar = 0
    objExplorer.StatusBar = 0
    objExplorer.Width = 700
    objExplorer.Height = 500
    objExplorer.Left = 0
    objExplorer.Top = 0
    objExplorer.Visible = 1

How do I update the information in the new setup sheet? How does BobCAD pass the information into the .xml file?