585,754 active members*
3,992 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Mach3 Probe routines

Hi I have just uploaded my Probing routines for Mach3 I use them every time I start the Machine
    these are xy probes and are completely automatic that is once the parameters are set it is just 1 click to probe circles id od, rectangles od id, pipes x&y, 2 points lines
    The rectangles can be on the Bed at any angle all probes end up in the dead center of the object.
    The probe routine's are fast because it tracks the angle of the lines and reduces XY travel.
    There are 3 speed settings Rapid Fast & Slow all 3 speeds are used and I have implemented an incremental back off routine to increase speed, that is the probe only backs off
    for the slow probe an amount required to reset the probe.
    If a probe fails it is one click to return to the start of the probe , then adjust settings a try again.

All probe points are recorded
    All probes are probe crash proof. "Well as crash proof that I can Get them" !

This is using standard Mach3 Mill screen set with an added screen for the probes
    This is the first time I have published this code
    I would appreciate it you Guys would give it a test.
    These are everyday probes but I have coded them very different to the Normal
    The accuracy is very good less than .004 mm consistently using a home brew probe.

The routine is for Metric and assumes g53z0 is at the top of the Z travel
    I would really appreciate it if you Guys could give a test and give me feedback

This is a link to my dropbox with all the required files.
    https://dl.orangedox.com/9jbq9GBJ3rm...rel_probes.rar

Cheers

Re: Mach3 Probe routines

Veru interested.
    Link does not work ?

Hmm okay i just reset the share link try this
    https://dl.orangedox.com/xfqlEtDC9vJ...rel_probes.rar

Link works now..
    I downloaded these.

Okay any problems let me know

Okay so 8 people have downloaded my files can anybody let me know how they went
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_41 View Post
    Okay so 8 people have downloaded my files can anybody let me know how they went
    Thanks
    I bet if you put your post and link in the Mach3 section of the forum you would get more feedback.

Okay thanks for that I will place it in there
    would that be Mach3 Forum Art Soft

Cheers

I just ran across this post. The link appears to be good, but when I click on the file it says, "It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home."

I would certainly give it a work out and provide feedback.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
    I just ran across this post. The link appears to be good, but when I click on the file it says, "It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home."

I would certainly give it a work out and provide feedback.
    Hi thanks for that I have just spent the last half hour trying to sort it it seems things have change at dropbox Iv'e renamed the file and re-shared it I just tested the link it should work the link has changed this is the new link
    https://dl.orangedox.com/nVdNa3IFiTCchbpdIu
    any more trouble please let me know thanks.

Now to review and see if I can figure out how to use it.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
    Now to review and see if I can figure out how to use it.
    Wow ! according to my dropbox specs this has been downloaded over 100 times (not many I know) But so far not a word from anybody most frustrating
    so hopefully you will be the first to make a comment thanks.

Squirrel, maybe I'm dumb but I can't make it work, what is the "Calibrate Probe" button supposed to do?
    When I run it the probe moves in the X positive direction until it triggers the probe, then it just stops. I stare at it, it stares back, we reach a stalemate and I have to hit the reset button to get control of my machine back.

Cheers
    There are 10 types of people in the world
    Those of us who get binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
    Squirrel, maybe I'm dumb but I can't make it work, what is the "Calibrate Probe" button supposed to do?
    When I run it the probe moves in the X positive direction until it triggers the probe, then it just stops. I stare at it, it stares back, we reach a stalemate and I have to hit the reset button to get control of my machine back.

Cheers
    It's taking into account the amount of travel it takes to break the switch contacts. If you change the length of the probe tip or ball size of the probe tip you should always re-calibrate.

WOW talk about a fast reply!

OK, so that makes sense now.

Next dumb question..... When I try to probe an "outside rectangle" the movement is again in the X positive direction until the probe is triggered, and once again it stops and stares blankly at me, I stare back (harder this time) and yet again I have to hit reset.
    I get the feeling I am missing some simple obvious kickmyselfinthebutt setting I have missed.

What should I see if I edit the button code? Not at the control PC right now but I was expecting to see a "normal" looking macro but there was just one line "M007" I think.

*sigh*

If all the routine is doing is a probe for the edge of the material in the X direction than it should do just that and zero the X DRO. That's it. I can't say that's what his routine is doing but in theory that would be what would happen.

It should be finding a corner (that's how I understand it) so should be finding X, then retracting the probe, finding Y and showering me with love, not giving me the cold shoulder like it is.

I've walked away from it and had a coffee (often the best thing to do) and I'll go back and see if I can spot what I've done wrong.
    Thank you for your input, much appreciated, I will update if I find a solution.

READ THE STICKYS!!!!!!!!

Then read them again!

All I needed was a 10Uf Capacitor as stated in the sticky on XYZ Probe Modification HERE

I had a sneaking suspicion it was noise but I ignored my intuition, NEVER ignore your intuition it's smarter than you give it credit for.

Thank you for your input Kenny Duval.

Okay thanks very much for the feed back over 200 downloads and this is my first feed back
    Have you clicked on the help button
    I have explained how to calibrate the probe with this help button

Hi when you click on a probe routine a prompt screen appears explaining what is about to happen when you click okay
    when you probe a rectangle put the approximate values for the rectangle size in the X & Y Dro's
    When a rectangle probe is selected it always starts at position 1 as the screen prompt shows
    This first move is always in the positive Y direction not the X direction if it is moving in your X direction it would appear that you machine is not normally configured and as such none of these routines will work as as displayed
    Hope this helps.
    The rectangle probes are fully automatic once the parameters are set all 8 points are probed without user actions.

If I'm wrong about your machine setup please let me know

Page 1 of 2 12