585,597 active members*
3,144 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 6 3456

Re: DYNACOM.EXE WANTED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dammachines View Post
    According to the 3000 manual, the recommended spindle speed was 800 / lead (in mm). So for a 12 tpi thread the spindle speed should be 800 / 2.11666 or 377 rpm?

According to the 3000H manual there is an error code for "ERROR CODE 24 Spindle speed too high." So I would think it would let you know if it couldn't move fast enough for the requested lead...
    There's also an error code for Pitch too large...
    hmm. the first time i ran it i think the rpm was 500 and i accidentally put in .8333 instead of .0833 so it should have been around 1/3 of what i would expect but it seemed much slower than that but it's hard to perceive something like that. next time i set spindle for 200 rpm and fixed the lead it was at a snails pace. i am "pretty sure" its a metric feed, the threading cycle conversational tool on the machine doesn't ask you units. but i want to be sure. i might not get a chance to test it again till friday. metric threading seems ok.

Sounds exciting, great work.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Started setting up computer and got rs 232 card and db9 card also and I installed dosbox and dynacom with your configure file all went well with my win98 system. Ran out of time but I plan to load program from fusion and see what happens so far so go.

I also bought a null modem cable with handshaking. I may have have to build a cable if so no biggie.

i think the post from dave still has my backwards radius direction, it if i'm looking at it right then it should be right but for some reason comes out wrong for me when i actually post a program. it's a quick edit though.

there is a line in the program that says start dczx or something to that effect, if you set the the coordinates and tools according to the book i beleive the cdzx characters will come up as capitol letters. if you want to "line feed" rather than load the program into memory running it over rs232 i think the tools need to be setup properly before you run it. when i tried to line feed the program halts here and you can over ride it by hitting "next' on the controller but it seems to lose its sync with the communication and errors out. i haven't been to the garage with the machine this week, i may be upstate this weekend so i can't get any further with it. i hope you have success.

i've attached what appears to be correct for my machine (including the right radius direction even if it looks wrong in the post processor file). dave says his 3000h manual will take standard thread pitch, my machine only seems to take metric thread pitch. if this doesn't work for you, let me know and i will make a version for your machine with both standard and metric thread pitch.

good luck!

Dan

okay i got a few more hours to spend on my lathe today.... i had the same issue the cable i purchased and the rs232 card would not work...but the rs232 card did come with 2 db9 connectors so after 1 hour i decided to just cut the end off and wire it up as a db9 connector to the computer.

so now i can get code to the machine but it doesn't terminate the download mode at the end of the transmission,it gets stuck and all i can do is turn off the machine to reset the computer. Just like you said you had to do.

I used the dynacom program and it does work real good. It detected the cable and can download the file from the dm3000 to the computer fine but the upload makes it hang.

SO I feel i made progress i have communication and have sent a file to the dm3000 and i can also download the same program back to the computer. I am going to use the edytonc program you use and then at least we both are using the same thing.

is it possible for you to screen save and post the actual characters you posted and where in the editor and post the actual character/lines you use when the cod is sent and ends the transmission.

one other thing ...the dm3000 still shows fail1 when i ran a diagnostic on the rs232 on the controller...but i think that is because there is not a actual rs 232 connection since i am using the db9...any thoughts on this.

on a LOL moment...back in 1987 the upload and download terminology was backwards from the way we think of it today...took me a little while to get use to it...this post reply is written in todays terminology...LOL
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

thank you..

could you post here what you have entered in the send at end box? I can make out what they are int eh screen save.

0x1A 0x0A 0x0D

those are zeros, not "o"s. i guess the zero x lets the program know that it's a hex value rather than a literal 1 and an A.

also sorry, i didn't notice that the website resized the images. my laptop has a full HD screen and those screenshots were in 1080x1920 resolution. to get a clear shot at the resolution the site converted them to i'd have to change my resolution to something like 480x852 and i'm not sure my video card supports that. or change my dpi settings so the os reders bigger objects that would look ok after the conversion. this time i attached the files so they should be in their full quality so once downloaded you should be see them in their real resolution and be able to zoom pretty clearly.,,

edit2, sorry it seems to have altered these as well. i'll have to .zip them... dowload the .zip the originals should be in there

Thanks Man! That did the trick!

I have successfully uploaded the program and I also downloaded the same program back into the editor....now I can communicate with the DM3000..WOOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a FYI....you asked sometime ago about a post of V9 Mastercam for DM3000....I called my friend that had a ton of these and struck out...he had everything but the dm3000

However I did just find out that bobcad v21 did have a dm3000 post and they still have it for download....the downside is it a exe file that downloads it directly to v21. I am trying to get a copy of v21 lathe to see what the post had back then....it appears that the post may have had canned cycles built into it. The post had to revisions do to it....the final be REV2.

What do you think...worth the time or not?

also i brought your post on autodesk to the top and got a reply from them

https://camforum.autodesk.com/index.php?topic=8216.0

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chips View Post
    just a FYI....you asked sometime ago about a post of V9 Mastercam for DM3000....I called my friend that had a ton of these and struck out...he had everything but the dm3000

However I did just find out that bobcad v21 did have a dm3000 post and they still have it for download....the downside is it a exe file that downloads it directly to v21. I am trying to get a copy of v21 lathe to see what the post had back then....it appears that the post may have had canned cycles built into it. The post had to revisions do to it....the final be REV2.

What do you think...worth the time or not?
    that's up to you with bobcad v21. i was looking i can make a semi working post for bobcad but i have to see if there is any scripting supported to get the number formatting just right. if that post is in .exe i'd have to see how they do that. i might be able to extract the post from the .exe if it's just a normal post and the .exe only helps install it. send me the file, i'll see what i can do and if it can be used with a later version of bobcad, or if what it contains could be applied to a later version of bobcad.

if they had a way to do canned cycles other than threading and drilling i'd be surprised. the dyna myte canned cycles do a simple shape, a shoulder (retangle) or a taper (triangle) or a groove. to do canned cycles you'd have to extrapolate the simple shapes from the final form and in some cases run a series of different canned cycles because each cycles only takes 3 points or so. the way the post processors seem to work is that it's a loop that runs when the next point is loaded which is after the last point printed. to decide which cycle to use and when you'd need some look ahead or look back and to do that you'd either have to process it twice through a secondary program, or at least save some points as variables then use some way to parse those variable and see how they are related to each other and then with the results of that check set another variable or have a goto command to find the section where it writes the canned cycle. it would be a lot of work. it's probably above my skill level and someone would have to be very generous to do it.

if you are conscious of this when you design the part and you break each simple shape down into a different turning operation and if it turns out that the triangle command can do a square shoulder making it so you only need the one canned cycle and not have to test the points to figure out whether to use triangle or rectangle then perhaps it wont be that difficult.

we've done a lot and once you get the tool setup on the machine done i think line execute mode will work well. if we can really exceed 1000 lines in line execute by rolling back to 000 after 999 then we should be able to dnc anything we want and not have to worry about the program length. if it works i'll just have to change the maximum program length and make sure the line number formatting doesn't do something weird like drop the last digit instead of the first to maintain 3 digits

Quote Originally Posted by danxj7x View Post
    that's up to you with bobcad v21. i was looking i can make a semi working post for bobcad but i have to see if there is any scripting supported to get the number formatting just right. if that post is in .exe i'd have to see how they do that. i might be able to extract the post from the .exe if it's just a normal post and the .exe only helps install it. send me the file, i'll see what i can do and if it can be used with a later version of bobcad, or if what it contains could be applied to a later version of bobcad.

if they had a way to do canned cycles other than threading and drilling i'd be surprised. the dyna myte canned cycles do a simple shape, a shoulder (retangle) or a taper (triangle) or a groove. to do canned cycles you'd have to extrapolate the simple shapes from the final form and in some cases run a series of different canned cycles because each cycles only takes 3 points or so. the way the post processors seem to work is that it's a loop that runs when the next point is loaded which is after the last point printed. to decide which cycle to use and when you'd need some look ahead or look back and to do that you'd either have to process it twice through a secondary program, or at least save some points as variables then use some way to parse those variable and see how they are related to each other and then with the results of that check set another variable or have a goto command to find the section where it writes the canned cycle. it would be a lot of work. it's probably above my skill level and someone would have to be very generous to do it.

if you are conscious of this when you design the part and you break each simple shape down into a different turning operation and if it turns out that the triangle command can do a square shoulder making it so you only need the one canned cycle and not have to test the points to figure out whether to use triangle or rectangle then perhaps it wont be that difficult.

we've done a lot and once you get the tool setup on the machine done i think line execute mode will work well. if we can really exceed 1000 lines in line execute by rolling back to 000 after 999 then we should be able to dnc anything we want and not have to worry about the program length. if it works i'll just have to change the maximum program length and make sure the line number formatting doesn't do something weird like drop the last digit instead of the first to maintain 3 digits
    Bob cad spoke with me today and said the can make a post for my v26 with the canned cycles included. I need to get with you in a pm and instruct them what we need to tell them. Auto desk also emailed me and I will forward you the email they sent they wanti info also and ask for a cad program. Bobcats v21express is available but since I have v26. They offered to do the post. I will pm you more info later tonight with specifics

So from what I see in my manual, the canned cycles that the Dyna control supports are THREAD, DRILL, RECTANGLE, TRIANGLE, ARC 1, ARC 2, NOTCH, and CHAMFER (?).

I would be extremely surprised if the BobCad post uses any of the cycles other than THREAD, DRILL, and maybe ARC. As Dan stated above, getting one of the other canned cycles out of Fusion would be quite difficult, I would say pretty much impossible really because at the post end of things you really have no idea what the next move is intended to do. It isn't an issue of the post not using canned cycles, Fusion would have to output data to the post processor in a completely different way.

I always thought of canned cycles as a way to make programming by hand easier. I know get the limited number of lines in these old controllers, but if you can drip feed the code it's not really an issue is it?

Dave

Ok... looking at the BobCad website I see that they do support rough turn, finish turn, and grooving canned cycles. So perhaps it will output RECTANGLE and NOTCH cycles...

Dave

pm sent to both of you please read and give me your thoughts.

I am cool with what EVER you guys want to do...I was just trying to help...since my skill level is well below yours on this matter.

Like I said before you two have got further and done things everyone else said couldn't be done...i know this to be true cause i have had a machine sitting on the bench for a year now and now we have a post for fusion and with your help i can now upload an download files and talk to the damn thing...

I have been watching Dyna's and their conversions for quite a few years. All of the conversions were done due to lack of ability to communicate with the machine. This is as far as I have seen anyone get.
    I personally dont understand the difference in the code or communication but I do know the Dyna controller spit out short lines of code that somehow accessed canned cycles. Or that is what it looked like to me.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    I have been watching Dyna's and their conversions for quite a few years. All of the conversions were done due to lack of ability to communicate with the machine. This is as far as I have seen anyone get.
    I personally dont understand the difference in the code or communication but I do know the Dyna controller spit out short lines of code that somehow accessed canned cycles. Or that is what it looked like to me.
    The dyna code if anything is more verbose than g-code. But its neat and readable by having only 1 instruction per line. Also since the interface is conversational (it asks you questions with simple answers) it writes the canned cycles for you.

Canned cycles make for short programs and are really useful on a lathe but even between machines with the same brand controllers the syntax can vary.

The thing is without a conversational interface canned cycles on other machines can be confusing to write, you often need the book in hand. But with a conversational interface it doesn't make sense to have complicated shapes. So our canned cycles do simple shapes and it might take a few cycles to do things that can be done in one cycle but they are easier to read and write. It has to be easy to do canned cycles with a conversational machine because its too hard to write multiple passes line for line.

The communication isn't that hard. The only thing that is weird is the end of file signal.

The hardest part is a post processor partly because the canned cycles are limited compared to canned cycles in g code. So it makes in hard to use all the cycles as effectively as if you write them by hand (this is often true anyway but most cam is designed around making a good post processor possible for g code machines) still many people end up with individual moves using cam software. And with serial communication that's not all bad, you can edit the cam files repost and re upload instead of in machine edits. And that's where we are at now.

are you getting pm's from me...they are not showing up in my sent folder..... i have the v21 post ...but need to know how to get it to you

any updates on the post?

Page 5 of 6 3456