584,863 active members*
4,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge Conquest T51 with fanuc 18T getting alarm 1020 Chuck open

Hardinge Conquest T51 with fanuc 18T getting alarm 1020 Chuck open

Hi, I have a Hardinge Conquest T51 with fanuc 18T. I don't have its maintenance manual.My machine getting alarm 1020 Chuck open. Can you please help me in this regard as you have same machine running. Thanks

Re: Hardinge Conquest T51 with fanuc 18T getting alarm 1020 Chuck open

Quote Originally Posted by mrafitraders View Post
    Hi, I have a Hardinge Conquest T51 with fanuc 18T. I don't have its maintenance manual.My machine getting alarm 1020 Chuck open. Can you please help me in this regard as you have same machine running. Thanks
    Ok. First, what is in the spindle? Collet? Chuck? Face plate? Etc.
    Next. Was there a job running and now you have this alarm?
    Or are you setting up a job?
    Did you check the hydraulic system pressure and the main spindle closing pressure gage?

If you had a job running and now you get this alarm. It is either the zero speed circuit in the spindle drive or you have a bad collet proximity switch. If the collet/chuck opens and closes but you still have this alarm it is most likely the proximity switch. The control thinks the collet/chuck is open and thus in a non-safe state to run. I will try to check my Hardinge books for you on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTurn View Post
    Ok. First, what is in the spindle? Collet? Chuck? Face plate? Etc.
    Next. Was there a job running and now you have this alarm?
    Or are you setting up a job?
    Did you check the hydraulic system pressure and the main spindle closing pressure gage?

If you had a job running and now you get this alarm. It is either the zero speed circuit in the spindle drive or you have a bad collet proximity switch. If the collet/chuck opens and closes but you still have this alarm it is most likely the proximity switch. The control thinks the collet/chuck is open and thus in a non-safe state to run. I will try to check my Hardinge books for you on this matter.
    HI, I trust you are well. Thank you for your time. I recently purchased this hardinge conquest t51 from UK in a used condition.
    I powered it up first time in my works and this machine is on cycle start.
    Machine is with Chuck. Also checked hydraulic system pressure and the main spindle closing pressure gauge.
    When i open the chuck, chuck opens properly but certainly alarm appears 1020 chuck open on the screen.

- - - Updated - - -

I trust you are well. Thank you for your time. I recently purchased this hardinge conquest t51 from UK in a used condition.
    Machine is with Chuck. Also checked hydraulic system pressure and the main spindle closing pressure gauge.
    When i open the chuck, chuck opens properly but certainly alarm appears 1020 chuck open on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by mrafitraders View Post
    HI, I trust you are well. Thank you for your time. I recently purchased this hardinge conquest t51 from UK in a used condition.

- - - Updated - - -

I trust you are well. Thank you for your time. I recently purchased this hardinge conquest t51 from UK in a used condition.
    When you close the chuck........does the alarm go away?