585,956 active members*
4,436 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Panasonic 400W AC servo running on Leadshine 200W AC servo Driver for testing?

Panasonic 400W AC servo running on Leadshine 200W AC servo Driver for testing?

I have a set of 5 of these 400W AC servos. Model: MUMS041A1E0S

Attachment 298316

Attachment 298318

I cant seem to find a pinout anywhere. I have a driver here that was recommended to me. Here is the pinout of the driver in question:

Attachment 298320

Does anyone have any suggestion? I'd like to be able to confirm that the servos work properly even at half power.

Thank you all in advance

SD

Re: Panasonic 400W AC servo running on Leadshine 200W AC servo Driver for testing?

A B and Z will match up, not sure about RX or the UVW Hall inputs.

Attachment 298322

Attachment 298324

Re: Panasonic 400W AC servo running on Leadshine 200W AC servo Driver for testing?

I have an occiliscope. Will that help me figure out which is which?

Quote Originally Posted by alan_3301 View Post
    A B and Z will match up, not sure about RX or the UVW Hall inputs.

Attachment 298322

Attachment 298324

I don't know. You could probe them and see. I'm not sure what they are in reference to.
    I'd just give the encoder 5v/ground and scope the outputs. RX may not be needed.
    Does that drive need both ABZ and Hall UVW or just one or the other?

Why did you get a 200W drive for a 400W motor?

I don't know. You could probe them and see. I'm not sure what they are in reference to.
    I'd just give the encoder 5v/ground and scope the outputs. RX may not be needed.
    Does that drive need both ABZ and Hall UVW or just one or the other?

Why did you get a 200W drive for a 400W motor?
    Well, I had the drive on hand and I really just wanted to test the servos out before selling them. They came from equipment that was used once so I see no reason why they shouldn't. Is there a better drive available I can use without shelling out the cash for a panasonic 400W driver?

Thanks,
    Marty

I don't think there is that much demand for a random servo with no drive. Anyone who is willing to pay a fair price will just buy a matched set.
    Unless you can properly test those motors, there is no point in seeing if they will spin hooked up to some random drive.

I would probably just do a resistance check and show that there are no shorted or open windings. If you have an inductance meter, that is another measurement you can make.

I don't think there is that much demand for a random servo with no drive. Anyone who is willing to pay a fair price will just buy a matched set.
    Unless you can properly test those motors, there is no point in seeing if they will spin hooked up to some random drive.

I would probably just do a resistance check and show that there are no shorted or open windings. If you have an inductance meter, that is another measurement you can make.
    It seems I remember people running these on Leadshine drives. I agree that finding comparable Panasonic drives would be ideal. Are there any other manufacturers that make comparable drives that you know of?