584,798 active members*
4,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NEED HELP! Fanuc O-TF

Hello all. This is my first post here but I've read many threads that have helped me out in the past. I need some serious help now. We have a Giana GFP 10 Lathe with a Fanuc O-TF control. I recently had a "911 Ram Parity (high) " alarm and had to perform a "reset power up" and lost all parameters. I had a build sheet for the "special setting" parameters with the correct "O-TF" designation but the normal parameters are just a printout that we received with the machine with no labeling on what exact machine it came from. Here's the problem. After reloading all the parameters including the special settings (and a graph of the optional parameters for this machine) I had major problems. First it would not return to reference position. I fixed this with a "cancel-p power up" and zero returned the machine. Next problem was that my x axis would not return to the same position after shutting the machine down and performing a zero return. I solved this by turning on the "automatic coordinate setting system" and setting a work shift in x. I'm not sure if this is the correct procedure but it is repeating after a power down. Next problem is that my "single block, optional stop, block delete, dry run, machine lock, axis inhibit, and spindle increase and decrease" buttons do not work on my control. After going through the manual for days trying different parameters I found out that the manual I have for the machine is the wrong manual! I have a Fanuc manual for a O-TC, OO-TC, and O-Mate TC. I looked at the main board and it says O-TF. Can anyone help with these parameters?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to pull my hair out here.

Thank you in advance,
    Craig

Re: NEED HELP! Fanuc O-TF

FANUC parameters will not control the buttons on the operator panel. Those will be control by PMC parameters or Diagnostics. These will not be in any FANUC manual.

Thanks I contacted the machine builder and they supplied me with a list of PMC parameters. However I can't find where to put them in on the controller?? Does anyone have the procedures for this? I have never had to replace parameters in a machine before and I'm lost as to where these ones go. I have paged through my parameters both in the parameters page and the diagnostic page and can't find anything that looks like the list I have.

What does your list look like? Most PMC parameters start in the DGNOS at 300.

The list they sent starts at N10300 and goes to N10399. I'm assuming they represent numbers 300-399. But in the control lines 310 and 311 are only 1 digit. The list has a normal 8 digit number for the bits. I can input the number in 310 and it enters leaving the preceding zeros out. (00101100 enters as 101100)However when I try to input 311 (00000001) nothing happens. It won't input the number whether I put it in as a 1 digit number or an 8 digit number.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut69 View Post
    The list they sent starts at N10300 and goes to N10399. I'm assuming they represent numbers 300-399. But in the control lines 310 and 311 are only 1 digit. The list has a normal 8 digit number for the bits. I can input the number in 310 and it enters leaving the preceding zeros out. (00101100 enters as 101100)However when I try to input 311 (00000001) nothing happens. It won't input the number whether I put it in as a 1 digit number or an 8 digit number.
    The list needs to be input via RS232. The control will convert the numbers into usable information for the control.

So I can't input these by hand? All I have is a paper printout the company sent me.

You can input by hand. But you need to convert binary to decimal.

You need to change parameter 19 bit 7 1xxxxxxx (x = don't care). This bit select binary/decimal

1 In the diagnosis display, the timer counter
    data is displayed in decimal.

0 The diagnosis display is displayed in
    binary as usual.