584,817 active members*
4,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: What softwares do you use? Pick all that apply.

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mach3

84 80.00%
  • Corel Draw

17 16.19%
  • Autocad or AutoCad LT

25 23.81%
  • 123Design

4 3.81%
  • Sketchup

11 10.48%
  • Other please post comment

33 31.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: CNC 6040 6040Z - China Made CNC Routers

Hello. At the end of this video you are showing where to put the wires for direction, 0-10V, and ground. do you have a picture of where the wires are going on your board? Mine is a JP-3136B. My black box is the same as yours (maybe not BOB though) A screen shot of ports and pins would be awesome but I might be able to figure it out from there.

Regards,
    Gilles

Hi I am new to the 6040, I just received it 2 days ago. I am planning to put in a tinyg v8 and I am a little confused on where to plug in the VFD control wires into the tinyg. What is the AVI, COM and FWD for tinyg???
    Attachment 320680
    ^^^^that is the VFD control board
    Attachment 320682
    ^^^^that is the China CNC controller 6040
    Attachment 320684

Hi

Just received mine 6040Z and assembled it, but nor started. Im in Melb

Hi , I ,ve been working with one of these, but had to rebuild first and tighten the machine up by adjusting the bolts. The controller has been modified by twisting the steppermotor wires from the round 4 pin plugs to the driver boards. My emergency stop has been rewird to isolate the live and the neutral feed into the controller. When you hit the emergency stop you kill all power. Just adding the x,y,z limits to the machine now it's been used for some time. This is the parrellel port yoocnc 450 board. Didn't, work at first , removed and cleaned with contact cleaner spray and brush, put back to gether and up and working? Damp in transit from China doesn't help. Being able to reference the home position will be a great improvement.
    Have seen the brilliant video of how to set up the new forever inverter to a water cooled spindle. Posted by Dean Elliot, helps big time. Many thanks .
    Best investment I ever made. Buying the water cooled spindle. Very quite compared to standard router. Worth checking the details of your inverter as they used 1.5 kw models in the 800 watt machines on my controller! Bonus, can run larger spindle.
    Happy to share interest, hope this helps you get started. Much information on this forum. All the best Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Elliott View Post
    Thank you for posting this video, very clear and helpful , Much easier to follow seeing it live, than just reading. Brilliant. Kind regards Mike

Hi, I am brand new to the forum and joined because I am considering buying one of these machines. They now offer a 8060 model with the 4th axis and a pendant for about $2100 on eBay.
    I know I would have to get Mach3 and a Cam program. My questions are,
    1. How does everyone like the machine? Is it of reasonable quality?
    2. What is a low cost CAM program, is anyone supplying an open source program. I do not need a lot of high end functionality, just standard 3d and the ability to do some simple 4d cutting.
    I have done some work on a shop bot that I converted over to a aftermarket controller and Mach3 control, but only cut supplied dxf files. I have also helped a friend with his Tormach plasma cutter so I am not devoid of knowledge.

If this needs to be posted somewhere else just say, the forum is huge and as I said I am a newbie here.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.
    Jon

I use Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Artcam 2016

Quote Originally Posted by radconjon View Post
    Hi, I am brand new to the forum and joined because I am considering buying one of these machines. They now offer a 8060 model with the 4th axis and a pendant for about $2100 on eBay.

[Who is "they"? These machines, while they are generically denominated by numbers like "8060" or "3020" vary widely in quality. Some vendors on Ebay have better reputations than others.]

I know I would have to get Mach3 and a Cam program.

[While these machines often say that Mach3 is included, that's generally the free trial version; if you want to run more than 500 lines of code you'll need to buy it separately.]

My questions are,
    1. How does everyone like the machine? Is it of reasonable quality?

[Most users agree that the mechanical parts are better than the electronic parts.]

2. What is a low cost CAM program, is anyone supplying an open source program. I do not need a lot of high end functionality, just standard 3d and the ability to do some simple 4d cutting.

[I don't know of any open-source programs that support the 4th axis, but one might exist. DeskProto, which I sell for $250 to hobbyists, isn't open-source but it does work well and is simple to use.]

I have done some work on a shop bot that I converted over to a aftermarket controller and Mach3 control, but only cut supplied dxf files. I have also helped a friend with his Tormach plasma cutter so I am not devoid of knowledge.

If this needs to be posted somewhere else just say, the forum is huge and as I said I am a newbie here.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.
    Jon

[You'll probably want to get a CAD program that will let you build your own 3D models as well as 2D DXFs. There are some free ones, and some that are open-source.]
    Andrew Werby
    Website

I use Mach3 with this controller. Runs beautifully.
    For design I use QCAD for 2D and AutoCAD Inventor for 3D.

This
    USB four 4 axis 8060 1500W cnc router engraver engraving milling machine handle | eBay
    is the machine I was referring to, I will check out DeskProto
    Thanks for your reply

Many of the CNC routers supplied with the 6040Z controller are advertised as having a minimum spindle speed of 3000rpm or above. Can anyone tell me why this is when, according to the setup film posted earlier in this thread, it should be possible to take the VFD down to 0rpm on 0 volt input. A few machines are advertised as being able to run the spindle from 0-24000rpm. I am concerned that these might not be correct given that the majority seem to have this 3000rpm minimum. Is the limiting factor the actual spindle motors being supplied with the Chinese machines?

This is important to me because I need to get the spindle speed down to 500rpm to be able to use an edge finder. My current CNC router using NCstudio software controlling a XINFUTAI VFD will not go below 6000rpm, despite my being able to key in lower speeds on the NCStudio screen and having checked that the VFD minimum frequency is set to 0.

Yes, you can spin it that slowly, but it will have zero torque at 0 rpm. Even at 2500 rpm or so, the torque will be insufficient for cutting most things, and the spindle will be in danger of burning up. But you don't need much torque to use an edge-finder, and if you do it fairly quickly, the motor won't have a chance to overheat too much. You can also use them by hand, without powering up the spindle at all.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

I wondered the same thing David, and as Awerby said the spindle will turn at low hz from the VFD, at say 20hz (1200rpm) I can stall the spindle by hand quite easily. You would need 8.3hz to run at 500rpm and it should do this but with next to no torque but should be fine for your edge finder... Just make sure you have the water cooler running as the spindle will create alot more heat under 100hz

I believe ideally you want to stay between 100 and 400hz (6000-24000rpm) but Ive had no issues running it at 50hz with water cooling although I have not done so for an extended period of time.

-Clint

Have you found yourself some suitable CAM software yet? If not give Fusion 360 a whirl, it is a modelling package with built in CAM. I am self taught with it and definitely still low on the learning curve, but it is doable. Hobby licence with Autodesk is free and there are good online resources from Autodesk and several power users including John Saunders of Saunders Machine Works (NYC CNC youtube channel). Hope that helps

Hi , many thanks for your thread, yes have been delving into fusion 360 ,. Never used this type of software before but been designing a high speed spindle head for an Aciera F3 milling machine. First prototype is looking hopefull. Learning curve is steep at times, but looking at various youtube video,s , which helps a lot. Designing in 3d with ability to rotate 360 is great fun, brilliant program.

I guess im gonna hop in on this thread since the CNC units I worked with are all made in china, with the nicest technical support ever it`s so nice that I cannot understand even a single word hahaha, im the one maintaining, repairing, modifying this units since 2002 I guess on the china lasers, then 2013 on the CNC routers, im an electronics kind of guy (KH0UJ) with a background in computer hardware and software programming, my style of programming codes are lines because I want to control the spindle paths my way, from sketchup I draw lines instead of a solid 3D model, in this way I can pick what material I can use to it`s minimum fitted size to lessen material wastage, that`s why the limit switches including the harness is no use to me including the zeroing brass harness I put them aside, the motor harnesses on this units need to modify to a larger diameter AC wires for a more stable operation 12 hours a day and 6 days a week, controller drive motor on this units are poorly structured so you need to modify it including putting fans on each drive controller heatsinks to avoid future instabilities of the unit while in operation.

This CNC routers kick ass on my opinion, were operating these machines almost three years now with no hiccups, runs 40-60W average on the power cords in each unit, the power consumption will vary depending on the code programmer, material precut, bit size, tool bit sharpness, they all affect the current consumption, my best tool bit preference is the 1/8 carbide bit formed into a single flute since you cannot put a factory 4 flute on these machines, it will shatter instanly on contact with a steel material, the more bit flute means lower RPM spindle, this unit runs 24000 RPM so a single flute is efficient enough to cut anything on it`s path.

Sample Pictures on these CNC`s in action...

High carbon steel being cut and formed into mold, almost 3 hours working time.

Cutting a 60 mm modified motorcylcle triple clamp with just a 1/8 single flute carbide bit in 2 hours

8 minutes a pair compared to youtube that it took them 85 minutes, that`s the difference between auto CAM and custom CAM programming...

Who said this machine cannot make a gun? I can hehe

To cut the story short it all depends on how you command the machine, it`ll do the work for you, you just need to command it properly specially on cutting metals, if you`re a machinist by trade I think you know what I mean, you cannot cut them quickly, cut them slowly, anyways on wood material it`s like a styrofoam on this high speed machines, you can even bump up the speed to 3000 FRO on the speed and seems like nothing happens, no spindle drag no nothing.

Thanks for the tip on Fusion 360, I will definitely check it out.

I have a 6040T CNC router with JP-3163B ver. 3.9 + JP-1635A BO-Driver Boards.
    Since I could not get complete information by googling, I have reverse engineered and found the following information
    I share here because some could not get the board to control limit switches and VFD - (I have succeeded)

So here are the info:-

JP-3163B ver. 3.9
    Pin 1: Spindle on/off Relay 1(active low)
    Pin 2: X Axis Step (active low)
    Pin 3: X Axis Dir (active low)
    Pin 4: Y Axis Step (active low)
    Pin 5: Y Axis Dir (active low)
    Pin 6: Z Axis Step (active low)
    Pin 7: Z Axis Dir (active low)
    Pin 8: A Axis Step (active low)
    Pin 9: A Axis Dir (active low)
    Pin 10:Estop (active low)
    Pin 11: X Axis Limit Switch (active high) = when NC switch(es) open
    Pin 12: Y Axis Limit Switch (active high)
    Pin 13: Z Axis Limit Switch (active high)
    Pin 14: Buffer Chips “Enable” controlled by computer if Jumper 3 is set to 1-2 position
    Pin 15: Probe (active low)
    Pin 16: Is supposed to turn Relay 2 on/off but is currently not connected in board.
    Pin 17: PWM 0-10V for VFD Spindle AN1 (if jumper 4 is in default 1-2 position) active low
    Pin 18: Gnd
    Pin 19: Gnd
    Pin 20: Gnd
    Pin 21: Gnd
    Pin 22: Gnd
    Pin 23: Gnd
    Pin 24: Gnd
    Pin 25: Gnd or NC

Jumper 1: 1-2 Internal 5V (default) ; 2-3 External Power Supply
    Jumper 2: 1-2 Enable (by computer on pin 14) ON; 2-3 Enable (pin 14) OFF (default)
    Jumper 3: 1-2 Air Cooling always ON; 2-3 Relay 2 by Computer pin 16 but 16 is currently NC (Default)
    Jumper 4: 1-2 Analog 0-10V Pin 17 ON (default); 2-3 Pin 17 changed to digital Hi-Lo
    Jumper 5: 1-2 Manual (handset?) On (Default); 2-3 Manual Off.

Microstep Mode (on each Axis X, Y, Z but A is on separate JP-1635A driver board)
    K1 K2 K3 K4
    OFF OFF OFF OFF 1 = NO MICROSTEP 0% decay
    OFF OFF ON OFF 2 microsteps per step of 1.8deg = 0.9 deg 25% decay
    ON ON OFF ON 8 microsteps per step of 1.8deg = 0.25deg 50% decay (DEFAULT)
    OFF ON ON ON 16 microsteps per step of 1.8deg = 0.125deg 100% decay

Current Limiting Dip Switches (on each Axis X, Y, Z but A is on separate JP-1635A driver board)
    SW1 SW2 SW3
    On Off Off 0.5 A
    Off On Off 1.0 A
    Off Off On 1.5 A
    On On Off 1.8 A
    On Off On 2.0A
    Off On On 2.5A
    On On On 3.0A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JP-3163B_v3.9_pic.jpg  

Does anyone have a schematic or drawing of how to install a G540 into the black 6040z controller box?
    Here is a photo of controller box and a wire diagram. Hope it helps. Looking to add a G540 and keep the vfd drive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rtyui.jpg   jklklopyut.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 123