584,830 active members*
5,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: What softwares do you use? Pick all that apply.

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mach3

84 80.00%
  • Corel Draw

17 16.19%
  • Autocad or AutoCad LT

25 23.81%
  • 123Design

4 3.81%
  • Sketchup

11 10.48%
  • Other please post comment

33 31.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: CNC 6040 6040Z - China Made CNC Routers

Take a look at my blog, may be of some use to people who are having problems
    The CNC Blog: Home

not having the details or a SXCNC box to measure

I have two thoughts

there will be the space to fit the G540 in the space left when the stepper driver boards are removed
    the 9 pin D-types supplied with the G540 can be fitted to the original wires that was connected GX16-4 connectors that made the connection to the stepper motor cables

a short printer cable with an adapter plate can be fitted to the rear of the box to connect your PC printer port or motion controller to the G540
    this has the advantage of minimising the modifications to the box

I can not see from your photo if you have computer control of the VFD

If you don't want to fit the G540 inside of the control box

with the GX16-4 connectors used for the stepper motor connections removed
    do you have the space to make a 2.27" x 5.425" cutout for the 2.375" x 6.375" G540 to be fitted next to the fan ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6040 control box  plus g540.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	394070

John

KHOUJ posted above:
    This CNC routers kick ass on my opinion, were operating these machines almost three years now with no hiccups, runs 40-60W average on the power cords in each unit, the power consumption will vary depending on the code programmer, material precut, bit size, tool bit sharpness, they all affect the current consumption, my best tool bit preference is the 1/8 carbide bit formed into a single flute since you cannot put a factory 4 flute on these machines, it will shatter instanly on contact with a steel material, the more bit flute means lower RPM spindle, this unit runs 24000 RPM so a single flute is efficient enough to cut anything on it`s path......

Can you give information and settings how you did "High carbon steel being cut and formed into mold, almost 3 hours working time."

I would love to make some press dies for small vintage car sheet metal parts,

Thanks

Very nice and simply informative Kev. Thank you for sharing and I will be using some of your reference when I get my chinese CNC 6040.

Quote Originally Posted by imperial90303 View Post
    KHOUJ posted above:
    This CNC routers kick ass on my opinion, were operating these machines almost three years now with no hiccups, runs 40-60W average on the power cords in each unit, the power consumption will vary depending on the code programmer, material precut, bit size, tool bit sharpness, they all affect the current consumption, my best tool bit preference is the 1/8 carbide bit formed into a single flute since you cannot put a factory 4 flute on these machines, it will shatter instanly on contact with a steel material, the more bit flute means lower RPM spindle, this unit runs 24000 RPM so a single flute is efficient enough to cut anything on it`s path......

Can you give information and settings how you did "High carbon steel being cut and formed into mold, almost 3 hours working time."

I would love to make some press dies for small vintage car sheet metal parts,

Thanks
    You have to use feeds & speeds which work only with only high spindle speed options and with a machine that has limited rigidity, and use coolant.
    Then you get something which looks like the photo, rather than a half way decent surface finish.
    I wouldn't bother with a router for milling jobs, one that can do a decent job on steel will be more expensive than a CNC mill that can do the job.

You can find a complete manual with parameters settings there:
    https://imaginierie.com/2-different-...manufacturing/

Mine has this manual if it helps! https://www.china-cncrouter.com/down...6433598141.pdf

How do you change the spindle direction?

I have a 6040 and it worked well for 5yrs. I recently had to change the spindle out 1.5K but the new on works in reverse. How do I change spindle direction?

Just swap two wires for spindle on your VFD.
    Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Newbie (and I mean newbie) seeking answers. I just ordered a 6040z 4 axis machine (USB adapter)and have some questions. First: It comes with (I am assuming) a bootleg Mach3 program. When researching that software, it states that you cannot use an adapter with it unless it is a motion controller adapter PDMX-411 or UC100. Hopefully that is what is coming with the unit, but wanted to see if anyone received this unit and can confirm everything works with their adapter. Second: The software says it works with a 32bit machine and not a 64 bit machine. Am I going to have to change from 64bit to 32bit? Third: Will the Mach3 software that comes with this machine enough to fully utilize this machine, or do you recommend an immediate change to something else. I purchased this to use for signs, circular carving, and relief artworks. As I said, I am as raw as they come when it comes to CNC operations, so forgive these naive queries. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Tim

Hello everybady i need poste processor haidenhain TNC 360 for machine bridgeport vmc 760

This user/pwd not working now, it may have changed.

Knothead, I hope you got some earlier answers to your post.

- yes, normally these Chinese machines are supplied with a rip-off copy of Mach3. If it is a trial version it will be restricted to 500 lines of G-code. If a bootleg license it might work.

- I use an old XP PC with a DB25 cable, but I have read many posts about the UC100 adapter being a good unit. You see everywhere that these machines will not work off a laptop though, they don't have the available power.

- yes, you have to use a 32-bit machine. buy an old XP or Win 7 PC.

- Mach3 is a very powerful mature app which can handle everything you can throw at it with a 6040. Development has ceased in favour of Mach4, which I have not tried.

Good luck

GeoffW1,

I can't get Mach3 to do cutter comp, I made a separate post on here for help and many answer tried to help but the problem still persist. Any ideas?
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Hi CNC Rim,

Sorry I took weeks to reply, I think I have not turned on alerts correctly.

I won't be much help with CRC in Mach3 since I get that in the CAD/CAM software which is CAMBAM. Therein the user can specify a pocket or profile, and on a profile, inside or outside the geometry. It proceeds to do all the CRC, and will even cater for overshoot, exact stop, and look-aheads. Much more and I'll sound like an advert for CAMBAM which is probably not allowed.

The most helpful thought I can think is that whatever CAD/CAM software you might have for spewing out G-code, it should have some sort of CRC function? But I am probably just making you spit chips there, sorry. Tell you what, I have a colleague right now who wants to learn Mach3, so I'll set him sniffing after CRC.

Good luck,

Quote Originally Posted by CNCRim View Post
    GeoffW1,

I can't get Mach3 to do cutter comp, I made a separate post on here for help and many answer tried to help but the problem still persist. Any ideas?

Page 3 of 3 123