584,837 active members*
5,374 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Finding out what layer chain that was selected is on.

Finding out what layer chain that was selected is on.

I am picking up on someones Mastercam file. There are quite a few layers that are hidden and not named.

How would I find out what toolpath chain or surface is associated with the layer it is on?

Ex. something like right click on chain and have info button saying level, color, or even attributes.

Thank You

Re: Finding out what layer chain that was selected is on.

Quote Originally Posted by camtd View Post
    I am picking up on someones Mastercam file. There are quite a few layers that are hidden and not named.

How would I find out what toolpath chain or surface is associated with the layer it is on?

Ex. something like right click on chain and have info button saying level, color, or even attributes.

Thank You
    NOTE -- use the left click to alter an attribute ( Color, level, linestyle etc) on any entity yet to be created
    -----use the RIGHT click on any existing entity to alter any attribute

There is many ways to isolate an Entity ( or Chain ) & then analyse it's attributes

> on the toolpath manager, there is an icon on the 2nd row - "show selected chains", turn it ON, ( also have the display selected paths ON )
    ---- have all layers VISIBLE
    ---- so when you select each toolpath operation, it will display the geometry used in the selected operation/s
    ---- you can then use the "Analyse Entity" [or F4]

> use the ATTRIB button ( lower toolbar ), select the entities, accept the selection, dialog opens for changing attribs.

there are other ways, bur these 2 are just for starters.
    read the PDF documentation, even look thru the quick help card....that is also a PDF, found in the documentation folder ( I think the Shared folder/Shared McamX?