584,849 active members*
4,314 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > post processor for spectralite machine

post processor for spectralite machine

Hi all,

Im a college student and i am in a CNC machining class. we have a spectralite milling machine that runs on some old dos based software. It runs well, be it a little slow, but i dont feel the need to type all my g-code in by hand.

I have modeled a part in mastercam ver9 and i wanted to post process the toolpaths to run on the milling machine. I used the processor built into master cam but i dont think that the format is correct. I was wondering if anyone knows what format the litemachines controlers use. mastercam has several different post processors on their site available for free to download. I was hoping one of those would give me the correct syntax. If anyone knows please let me know so i dont have to go through and test each one by itself

-Brian-

if anyone is interested. I looked more on the mastercam site in the student/teacher section and they have a ton of different post processors for dfferent brands of benchtop cnc mills. I was able to find the exact one i needed for the litemachines milling machine.

:rainfro: