585,977 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Extracting cycle times from FANUC OT

Extracting cycle times from FANUC OT

Hi.
    I need to connect the PLC that is embedded in FANUC OT with a PC running Windows XP.
    The idea is to get the cycle time for each piece and storage it in a database.
    How it can be done?
    I want to use RS232 ports (M5 or M74 ports).
    Do you know the protocol to get access of "D" data from PLC inside FANUC OT?

You can use custom macro B external output command function where u can transfer the variable data through RS232

Using Macro B #numbers

Thanks you Harsh.
    You are right, I can use #numbers for the connection, but is not enough.
    I need to pass "D" data, for example D495, D490, D495 calculated in PLC.
    I know I can calculate times using #3001, but I prefer to do the calculations in PLC.
    Do you know the way of transfer "D" data to #numbers?

Hi.
    The machne don't accept the commands POPEN, BPRNT, or PCLOS.
    I cannot enter a letter followed by other letter, it must follow a number.
    PLease, let me know if the following commands are Ok:

POPEN
    BPRNT [T#501[0]]
    PCLOS

In #501 I have the actual time (#501=#3012).

How can I enter these lines?

Thanks.

The commands are Macro B commands...
    You May only Have Macro A on the Control..
    There are Macro A equivelent's have to check the Manuals...
    If you do Have Macro B but have the Small style Keyboard, You might have to create the program Offline, then upload it...

If you don't have the DPRNT or BPRNT statements in your control, we have an alternative method of collecting cycle time information.

We use our DNC software to watch the status of one of the unused RS232 signals. We then connect a small device to the serial cable using an IC reed relay to toggle this unused signal using the "in cycle" LED or light bulb on your operator's panel. With this method, we can see every cycle start and every cycle end event and save the information in a "Monitor data" file. Other software can then analyze this information and determine how many part cycles have occurred, what the average load & cycle times are, and if there were any "out of production" time periods. Managers can get a page or an email when the machine is idle for more than (x) minutes, or when a certain number of part cycles occurs.

We also monitor cycle information using Fanuc macro statements as well as using "drip-feed" cycles to monitor machine activity.

Visit our website at www.sub-soft.com and look for the link to "PC-DNC Plus".