Machine
Electronics - Gecko g540 with heatsink, 4 steppers, 48 v 12.5 amp power supply, fans, wireless game pad controller (x box), height probe and e-stop. Limit switches turn off for now.
Parallel port connection. Shielded wires to motors (I had to splice some together) 8-14 feet long.

I have been chasing this gremlin for some time, and am unsure of the cause. Running a program, either air cutting or not, my machine will go into fault mode after 20-40 minutes every few jobs. When this happens, the g540 fault light comes on and mach3 stops running through the code. Mach doesn't show any errors, no blinking reset, no estop detected. It just stops running. If I restart the g540 , it goes right into fault mode. If I hit reset twice, still in fault mode. Same with toggling the e-stop. If I restart mach without restarting the computer, it comes out of fault mode and is fine.

The mach driver test looks ok, not ideal.

I'm trying to narrow down where the problem is coming from and what solutions might be. I thought the problem may be with the computer/pp and so was going to get either a uc100 or ethernet smoothstepper. Do these symptoms point in that direction?

I appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks