585,992 active members*
5,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

homing problem: machine not stopping

Hi guys, I just hooked up my home/limit switches and i'm having an issue. Im using one optical switch per axis with two flags, one at each end of the travel. my limit switches are working flawlessly but, when homing, the motors don't stop when they reach the switch. I have the X+ X- and X home all configured to the same pin number, and the Y and Z axis are also hooked up the same way. the home switch led lights up on the diagnostics page when homing, but the axis just keeps moving even after the switch is tripped. does anyone have any ideas as to what settings i may have wrong? thanks

Most often caused by swtich bounce or noisy lines. If Home sees more than one "trigger" it doesn't home. Try a 500 setting in Input Debounce (Config/General Config). You might have to go as high as 2000. How do you have the opticals hooked up? Direct to parallel port or through an isolated breakout?

hi, thanks for the reply. I figured out what the problem was today. Mach is somewhat confusing on the diagnostics page where the leds light up when switches are hit. they label the leds as motor 1 motor2 motor 3 etc. while everywhere else it is labeled x y and z. Turns out I had the home switches configured to the wrong pins so while z is homing the switch on the y or z is waiting to be triggered. By trying different settings i figured out which one goes where. Oh, and by the way, I am using the pmdx isolated breakout board.