584,830 active members*
5,782 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Conquest 42 turret problem

Have an older Hardinge Conquest 42 with a Fanuc 0TC system.
    Problem is a 1003 Alarm, “turret unclamp”. Repair manual says to rotate to pocket one and ref/index the turret, no help. The turret never seats back, sets about ¼” out.

Electrically, the diagnostic page shows the turret unclamp solenoid high/energized output bit Y86.1. This condition exists as soon as you power the machine up, even before the hydraulics is turned on. Checked the “turret zero point” and the “turret clamp prox. switch” inputs, they both work and the bit changes state on the diag. page. Also these switches have not been moved or adjusted.

Hardinge says the problem is the unclamp solenoid being on continuously. I agree but am having problems identifying what is keeping it on. This controller does not have the PMC ladder feature, so all I can do is check input – output status. I have a paper copy of the wiring diagram and the ladder for this machine. Will try to attach to this post.

Really appreciate any help on this problem.

Re: Conquest 42 turret problem

if you still have problem try turret zero return
    press and hold ZERO RETURN button
    and press TURRET INDEX button

Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't correct the problem. Originally read and tried this from my maintenance manual- no joy.

1 Bring turret to safe position.
    2 Press reset
    Press E-stop
    3 release E-Stop
    Press E-Stop reset
    4 press and hold zero return button
    Press turret index button

Turret should index to station one.

If the procedure doesn't work or if the turret is still sitting 1/4" out like you said you may have a mechanical restriction stopping it sitting on the coupling

if you still have problem you first need to check if there is any mechanical restriction as follows:

1 Bring turret to safe position.
    2 Press E-stop and keep it that way
    3 Press E-Stop reset and turret index at the same time it should unclamp the turrent
    4 you need to alling the coolant seal with the coolant thru hole on the turret, you can do this turning by hand the turret up or down as need it but you need to be VERY CAREFULL that you don't press any button.
    5 Press E-Stop reset and turret index at the same time again that should clamp the turret, you can try steps 3 to 5 to find the correct spot and it should fully clamp.

If this work you need to reference the turret changing the parameter 510 there is a chapter on the maintenance manual with the complete procedure if you don't have it i can send you a copy
    If you can't make it work there is a mechanical problem on the turret

Quote Originally Posted by drt101 View Post
    Have an older Hardinge Conquest 42 with a Fanuc 0TC system.
    Problem is a 1003 Alarm, “turret unclamp”. Repair manual says to rotate to pocket one and ref/index the turret, no help. The turret never seats back, sets about ¼” out.

Electrically, the diagnostic page shows the turret unclamp solenoid high/energized output bit Y86.1. This condition exists as soon as you power the machine up, even before the hydraulics is turned on. Checked the “turret zero point” and the “turret clamp prox. switch” inputs, they both work and the bit changes state on the diag. page. Also these switches have not been moved or adjusted.

Hardinge says the problem is the unclamp solenoid being on continuously. I agree but am having problems identifying what is keeping it on. This controller does not have the PMC ladder feature, so all I can do is check input – output status. I have a paper copy of the wiring diagram and the ladder for this machine. Will try to attach to this post.

Really appreciate any help on this problem.
    I have the same problem, when the control is power up, the turret is unclamped and I have already checked the synchronization of the plate and the clamping and indexing sensors.
    the main problem is that it unclamp on power up.

Buenas tardes yo tenía el mismo problema pero con sus comentarios y aportaciones logre que mi torreta acentara ahora solo me queda que la torreta quedé en posición con la salida del refrigerante, por lo que e investigado esto tiene que ver con los parametro alguien me podría apoyar.
    Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel092 View Post
    Buenas tardes yo tenía el mismo problema pero con sus comentarios y aportaciones logre que mi torreta acentara ahora solo me queda que la torreta quedé en posición con la salida del refrigerante, por lo que e investigado esto tiene que ver con los parametro alguien me podría apoyar.
    Gracias
    I think it would be better to describe your problem in English here. I used a translation app and hope that the translation is enough to understand your problem:

"Good afternoon I had the same problem but with your comments and contributions I managed to get my turret to accentuate now all I have left is that the turret was in position with the exit of the coolant, so and investigated this has to do with the parameters someone could support me.
    Thanks"

I found the reason for the activation in the selenoid Y086.1 checking the ladder the contact D301.6 is in 1 since I started the machine and causes the unclamp in the turret, I deactivated it with the procedure that I post cnc2149 I quote:
    1. Go to MDI mode
    2. Set the program protection key switch to enable program editing
    3. Set Enable parameter write = 1 on the top CNC parameter page.
    4. Go to the Diagnostics page and advance (or search) to the desired diagnostic address (eg 0350).
    4. Enter the new value and press the INPUT key.
    5. Return to the CNC Parameters page and set the Parameter Write Enable = 0

So my question remains in what is the description of the D301.6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diapositiva1.JPG   Diapositiva2.JPG   Diapositiva3.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel092 View Post
    Gracias
    attached images with procedure to solve your problem.