584,833 active members*
5,612 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > BPT Interact S1 MK1 TNC 151 Parameters please?

BPT Interact S1 MK1 TNC 151 Parameters please?

I have been rehabilitating this Series 1 MK1, when I got it the control was dead. I just received it back from Heidenhain ($3K lighter in the wallet) and now it powers up and displays correctly. However the axis will not move to reference. I followed the instructions, hit CE then Power Enable, then Cycle Start, nothing happens. The X in the X axis display is highlighted, don't know what that means but it is not on the reference. All inputs and outputs check out like they should be, except the X,Y,and Z drive release relay outputs are not energized. While the control was away I hot-wired the relays controls and servos and confirmed that all axis do move properly when energized and driven, so the servos and drives are OK.

I do not know the history of the machine, the control came back from Heidenhain with a backup of the parameters, and sure enough that is what is loaded into the controller. But comparing them to other parameter lists posted in the archives here and on etsu.edu they do not appear to be the same and differ in ways that don't make a lot of sense to me. So the first thing I need to do is confirm that the parameters belong to this machine. Maybe the control was swapped from something else while it was dead and before I got it?

So has anyone got the parameters for this machine that they could email or fax to me? Or suggest a set that I might try that wouldn't damage anything?

The interacts came with a red box full of manuals and a list of the original parameters. There were also different versions of that control with different numbers of parameters. How many parameters does your machine have? The lists I have are 236 parameters long. That file is 2.3 megs. need your email address.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have the red box and a whole bunch on manuals, but no list of parameters. None in the cabinet pocket either. I have the manual describing the parameters, that is what has me thinking some are not right. The control is a 151B, it has 263 parameters.

My email address is jfitch-at-flash.net (replace the -at- with @ of course: call me spam wary!). 2.3M is no problem.

There are a number of parameters listed as PLC timers or PLC counters, they are described as something that cannot (should not?) be changed. Do you know what these do? Could they be wrongly set?

Thanks.

Thanks, that got me started. A whole bunch of parameters were wrong, as I suspected. Now I have a gross positioning error, but I have an idea why, so I will chase that tomorrow. Are the limit/reference switches a standard item on these machines or something special to Bridgeport only? Fixing this thing is like peeling an onion....

Thanks!

I'll mail you the parameters from my Interact 1 / TNC151 so you can compare -

AWEM
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Backlash and the distance from the home switch in each direction are unique to each machine.
    Then there are the limit switches.
    There are many gross positioning errors. The alarm is typically followed by a letter.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Success! (more or less)

By entering an amalgamation of parameters gleaned from the various sources (thanks machintek and Andrew) I have motion. A couple of the reference and limit switch contacts were bad, and that (in a round about way) was causing the gross position errors. Now I just have to figure out a few more things....

Thanks for the help everyone. I will publish what I have learned. Including the sorted story about a machine that "was working just 4 months ago when they pulled it from the floor". HA!

151b parameter list

I have a 151b parameter list with 263 parameters if you still need it.
    Give me an email address and i can send it.

Quote Originally Posted by RMARCH View Post
    I have a 151b parameter list with 263 parameters if you still need it.
    Give me an email address and i can send it.
    I think I have most of it figured out, but I would like your list anyway - I've been collecting them. email to jfitch-at-flash.net (but replace -at- with @) please.

Thanks!

Re: BPT Interact S1 MK1 TNC 151 Parameters please?

Bridgeport series 1 interact TNC 151b parametr list

- - - Updated - - -

Bridgeport series 1 interact TNC 151b parametr list

Hello sir.
    Im working on heidenhain tnc 151 on bridgeport intract1 for last two months.last night i have lost the parameters of machine by my mistake.i tried to replace the battries .but when i insert new battries the machine lost its parameters.
    I dont have parameters .please help me to make machine working.i have job risk the owner of the workshop is very angry to me.
    My email is
    [email protected]