585,762 active members*
4,129 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > What kind of tools used to cut v groove pullys?

Wink What kind of tools used to cut v groove pullys?

Hi Everyone

I have a 12 v grooves pully to make, O.D.=9 '' and length 9.5 ''.

v belt type is SPB(ISO 4183), anyone knows what kind of tools to be used to cut? very appreciated.

QSCNC

Plunge with parting/grooving tool - rough and finish with standard left and right cutting tools.

If your lathe is large enough - rough with the parting tool and finish with a form tool.

Aaron

Ditto....I used an Iscar Do-Grip to rough and finished with std. left and right hand VNMP inserts. The programming took a little finesse, but it worked pisser....:cheers:

Thank you very much for telling me , the material is cast iron, have to cut them before the left hand tools shipped to me. I just use grooving tool with 4mm width blade from Iscar, looks O.K.

anyways, Thank you again. Merry Chritmas to you all.

QSCNC

Can't you buy these?

The size of the belt is 16MM wide(5/8'') and 13MM (1/2'') high,the length of the belt is 2800MM, the pully is used for 150HP DC electric motor. we service for electric motors, replace some pullies when they got worn out. The motor was from Germany and it was Metric size. It is better to make here than order from Europe.
    QSCNC