584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Need electrical/electronic part

Hello everyone:
    I am looking for a component that is broken in the Centroid control of my Supermax Milling Machine, it is a little circuit board with a toroidal coil attached to it. Can somebody identify it at the attached pictures and tell me what it is and where can i buy one or more of them.
    Thanks in advance and have a nice day!.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Centroid Serial K5055 Control Board2.jpg  

Re: Need electrical/electronic part

Almost looks like a OEM custom part to me?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Yes, that is what im thinking. If anyone would know how to reconstruct this component would be great. or some one who would have a spare part for sale. The problem is that I am not getting any response or help from centroid tech support. Thanks Al

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoMachine View Post
    Hello everyone:
    I am looking for a component that is broken in the Centroid control of my Supermax Milling Machine, it is a little circuit board with a toroidal coil attached to it. Can somebody identify it at the attached pictures and tell me what it is and where can i buy one or more of them.
    Thanks in advance and have a nice day!.

The adjacent circuits are Opto Isolators, HCPL-3101s. Looking at the circuit it is probably some sort of isolator. If you can provide better pictures, it would help to see if there are any chips below the inductor. A voltage is probably induced in the coil which is read by the circuit board with the coil, thereby providing some circuit isolation. What part of it is broken?

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Iron Man

actually the part I am still looking for is this one. And the little board circuit is the one that broke

Attachment 301086

Iron Man

actually the part I am still looking for is this one. And the little board circuit is the one that broke

Attachment 301086
    Looks like a Hall effect current sensor ( ferrite toroid with gap with Hall device hybrid inserted into gap )

Iron Man

Attachment 301086
    Sorry, but that is not a better picture than the one before, just smaller of the same part. Better picture means clearly visible details, well focused, not overexposed. It is very difficult to see anything in this picture, except that there is a ferrite ring with a coil and it looks as the ring is going through the small PC board. I don't know what it is and how you can say it is broken if you don't know what it is, but I guess a better picture could reveal some secrets. Looks custom made, so it might be pretty easy to make a new one (at least if it was mine) but must have access to the original, or a considerably better detailed image and preferably a proper drawing.

If the circuit board path is broken you might be able to fix it if you solder over the broken path. Just make sure you clean the green paint off of the copper track before you solder and make sure the soldering is well done, with a soldering iron made for electronic soldering. I don't know if that helps, but it's a start.

Its a PCB Inductor coil which is being used in this circit to measure I Attachment 322114
    here L- inductance (nH);
    D - outer diameter of coil (mm);
    d - inner diameter of coil (mm);
    N - number of turns;
    Davg - average diameter of coil (mm);
    φ - fill factor;
    ci - factors from Table III (layuot depending):

you can use a similar type of coil which is available in market

Hi Ricardo

do you have all the pieces of the broken component ?

if your lucky and its only the metallised tracks that's broken

you may be able to epoxy the pieces to a piece of glass epoxy board to hold it all together
    then solder 30 awg wires across the broken tracks

an example showing a thick film module with the silver coloured conductive metallic tracks and black conductive ink resistors
    before any surface mount components are soldered onto the pads

Attachment 301142

John

Hey Ricardo,

You could always send the board in for repair with us. We do a free evaluation and an 18 month warranty. Along with replacing the broken piece, we change out all the high fails and caps on the board to ensure longevity of the board. Just shoot me an email with all the information you have and we'll go from there.

[email protected]
    We fix it all! Give us a call at 855-437-3497.

Might not be a bad idea to send this one to the pros. It does look like a current sense rig and will be used to regulate the output drive. If you don't know what you're doing and you don't have the necessary tools to measure what a good one is doing and the levels it's putting out, very easy to get this one wrong and you could fry the output stage of your driver or the motors.

Hello

The part in question is a Hall effect current transducer. The coil form is actually split with the actual Hall effect device in the gap. You will need to find the exact same part. These aren't made by that many vendors.

John