585,898 active members*
5,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Hardinge out of stock on X axis bearings - what now?

Hardinge out of stock on X axis bearings - what now?

I got the X-axis ball screw bearings off and they need replaced. The BP number is 1770060. Hardinge lists them at $700 but they are out of stock. Is there an alternative?

Re: Hardinge out of stock on X axis bearings - what now?

I don't think Hardinge really is interested in providing service or parts for the older machines. The guys at BptParts.com - Bridgeport & CNC Machine Replacement Parts have provided me Bridgeport parts and knowledge over the years. You should also be able to get them easily from any bearing distributor like Applied Industrial Technologies or Motion Industries. Just have your local distributor stop in and cross them if they don't have the mfg. part number stamped on them. My Torqcut 30 bearings were conveniently marked on the OD with INA P/N ZKLF 2575.2RS. I got lucky and scored off some off of Ebay for brand new INA bearings for between 1/2 to 2/3 the price. But $700 sounds about right for a good quality ball screw bearing.

Re: Hardinge out of stock on X axis bearings - what now?

Quote Originally Posted by lrgoodger View Post
    I got the X-axis ball screw bearings off and they need replaced. The BP number is 1770060. Hardinge lists them at $700 but they are out of stock. Is there an alternative?
    It depends on what machine you have what axes the Bearings are for, some of the Bearings are not an off the shelf bearing and are totally custom for your Bridgeport machine

BptParts are your best choice

jmullett That was a good find INA P/N ZKLF 2575.2RS, that's one of the hard one's to find now
    Mactec54