585,715 active members*
3,903 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > Start from line - error: Radius difference too large between start and end of arc

Start from line - error: Radius difference too large between start and end of arc

Hello, today I was running a few parts on my Tormach 1100 with path pilot and wanted to skip a few operations in my g code. I found where I wanted to start from and kept getting this error when trying to run. I tried selecting many different lines near the part of the file I wanted to start at and kept getting the same error. What does it mean? This is a file I just got done running start to finish moments before. I basically wanted to skip a few hole drilling operations and go straight to milling the outside countour of the part. Every line segment of the contour I selected I would get this error..I managed to work around it but it was annoying and want to know for future

Re: Start from line - error: Radius difference too large between start and end of arc

I get that same error all the time. Using the Fusion 360 post processor. Usually I ignore the warning and the code runs fine. But I haven't really started in the middle of a tool path.

Re: Start from line - error: Radius difference too large between start and end of arc

If you use 'start from' and you start on an arc (g3,4) you would have to be in the correct location for the start of that arc. (so if there are a bunch of G2,3's in a row - it would be very hard to start unless the tool was exactly at the starting point of the given arc)

I am betting the problem is the Z position at the start of the arc. I have ran unto this before when I have edited g-code during operations. If you put a G01 Z height command at the start of the arc that is the same height as the arc Z height, it should solve this.

Essentially, what has happened is the lines of g-code you commented out changed what the z-height of the spindle was when it reached the commanded arc. Now the arc move in XYZ is too large where before with a smaller difference in Z it could make the cut.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.