584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Newbie needing help with Plasmacam running a Dewalt Cut Out Tool

Newbie needing help with Plasmacam running a Dewalt Cut Out Tool

Hello everyone! I am seeking assistance with setting up the Plasmacam to run the wood router. I have everything hooked up correctly (At least i think I do). I just received the plasmacam and got it set up. I am a teacher and I purchased the machine to use with my metalworking and wood working classes. I know I should just figure it out by trial and error but with my class schedules I don' t have much down time. Any assistance that you all can provide will be a big help as far as settings and things of that nature go. I have found lots of info regarding the torch set up but nothing when it comes to the router attachment. Thank you for your time.

Re: Newbie needing help with Plasmacam running a Dewalt Cut Out Tool

Have you asked the tech support folks at Plasmacam about this? PlasmaCAM cutting Systems, CNC Plasma Cutting machine, CNC plasma table There's also a forum on their site devoted to Plasmacam issues: https://owners-community.com/login_pc.php as well as an independent one: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/..._TechTalk/info
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: Newbie needing help with Plasmacam running a Dewalt Cut Out Tool

Definitely, give the plasmacam's tech support a call for additional support and advice. If you got the router attachment from plasmacam, they they have it set up to be really straight forward and simple so that you can get going right out of the gate.

If you did a DIY type of thing, then it could take some tinkering, in order get things exact. There are quiet a few machine owners that have shared videos on youtube using their machines for with an router attachment.

I also strongly recommend taking advantage of plasmacam's owners community for a source of information and advice..There is tons of useful information on this topic there!

Good luck brother,

JAG