585,914 active members*
3,556 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Considering buying BCC V.28
Page 1 of 7 123

Considering buying BCC V.28

I have used VGibbs and Autocad for years. My old versions are simply outdated and I need to upgrade. Business model changed a bit and dropping $$$$$ Vgibb is no longer in the plan.
    90% of what I do is simple flat work. Milling slots, tapping holes, some odd outside part shapes for cams etc... For lathe its 2-axis only, for CAD I would be happy to do standard 3-view flat prints and or 3-d would be nice.
    Anyway, I dont want a software system thats full of technical issues. Lots of bad reviews out there for BobCAD and my previous experience with the company left me feeling a bit like I was being harassed.
    That was about 10 years ago. Would those of you that use the system recommend it to other users? Is the simulator worth it? Considering bobArt also for some personal "government work"..
    I run a 3-axis FADAL, 2 axis Leadwell turning, 2-axis ProtoTrak mill that I will send a program to once in a blue moon. I may also want to use the CAD side of BC for 3-D printer in the near future.
    Any input from those that dont work for BobCAD is much appreciated before I hand them my hard earned money.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Considering buying BCC V.28

Used bobcad for years now their pricing is much higher so you may want to be sure of what you need/want bobart they always give out cause there are many cheap art work programs next to nothing in cost. If you are just needing a 3 axis program I am sure they will sell that one cheap. Have you ever used bobcad? Not very user friendly if you are just starting out.

Hi i use bobcad for cam only i do 2D 3D Milling have a Forth axis and i turn Cnc so i am Fine but drawing is from ui Point of view...... ( my english is not good enough to phrase it polite) so if You Send me a drawing i can do gcode for You and You Tell me if You like the Code You May have a Look. In rhino and madcam Or rhinocam

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I should note that price is critical. I know that VGibbs, SolidWorks etc,,, are superior products. BobCad will sell the suite for around $1500 if you deal with them. I need Mill, Turn, CAD for under $2k. Is there better solutions in that price range?
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Sir Winston Churchill

Hi
    for mill & turn i don't think so
    An meanwhile it works stable under windows 7 ,..
    But if you can live with the cad (calculate also the extra hours you need to get results
    maybe Fusion360 makes sense (depending on your size ) or you look into an hybrid solution like Deskproto and some turn program ? my toolchanin is i draw using Trubocad 8 pro on the mac uee then Bocad only for cam ,.. works ok

Bobcad will sell it around 900 that's their advertised prices? but I agree not a fast program to output good code you have to work around it a bit and time is money BUT most cad cam in this price range are pretty much the same in one way or another. DeskProto has a super fast version for 4th axis milling but it is more for a artist type of application. Turbocad 8 pro has a lot of people saying good things about it and so does sprutcam. Actually there are some cloud based programs that are pretty dam good and super cheap to. Naytep where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Tormachmaster View Post
    U Not very user friendly if you are just starting out.
    Once I'd actually worked through the DVD the tutorials and with the help of Al's After Dark video series I didn't find this to be the case with V25

i started with v26 have now newest bobcad so i fully agree with tormachmaster,..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    i fully agree with tormachmaster,..
    That's illogical since he thinks V28 is too expensive and yet you've bought it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    That's illogical since he thinks V28 is too expensive and yet you've bought it ;-)

That is Funny

BoBCAD is easy to use,,,I have no problems and I am a Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    That is Funny

BoBCAD is easy to use,,,I have no problems and I am a Dummy
    Maybe you are a special dummy What version do you use and what type of parts are you making?

Maybe you are a special dummy What version do you use and what type of parts are you making?
    Ah well, that would be me as well, looks like we are just a couple of dummies then jrmach

I use V28 3 Axis Pro and we do mainly 3D Mold work and it works fine and is so easy to use, it is "Wizard" driven so it is mainly just filling in boxes an checking/unchecking options.

The front end CAD isn`t as well developed and mature as say Solidworks but we create solid models without much problem, the CAM side is very good, haven`t found a job yet that there isn`t a toolpath strategy that we can`t find to do the job. It is a little more "resource intensive" compared with some other softwares but we can live with it OK

Currently looking at some of the option "morphing" toolpaths which allows for better/smoother cutting paths, they are standard in 4 Axis Pro so depending on the deals available we may go for that instead the options for the 3 Axis Pro.

I really can`t understand why anyone would say BobCAD-CAM is not easy to use, I have in the past used Delcams Powermill, Powershape and FeatureCAM, MasterCAM, Solidworks, Alibre (Now Geomagic) SurfCAM and SprutCAM, and for the price and what BobCAD can do for that price is pretty exceptional in the industry IMHO

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Cam is cool And easy CAD is 90 s from ui

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Ah well, that would be me as well, looks like we are just a couple of dummies then jrmach

I use V28 3 Axis Pro and we do mainly 3D Mold work and it works fine and is so easy to use, it is "Wizard" driven so it is mainly just filling in boxes an checking/unchecking options.

The front end CAD isn`t as well developed and mature as say Solidworks but we create solid models without much problem, the CAM side is very good, haven`t found a job yet that there isn`t a toolpath strategy that we can`t find to do the job. It is a little more "resource intensive" compared with some other softwares but we can live with it OK

Currently looking at some of the option "morphing" toolpaths which allows for better/smoother cutting paths, they are standard in 4 Axis Pro so depending on the deals available we may go for that instead the options for the 3 Axis Pro.

I really can`t understand why anyone would say BobCAD-CAM is not easy to use, I have in the past used Delcams Powermill, Powershape and FeatureCAM, MasterCAM, Solidworks, Alibre (Now Geomagic) SurfCAM and SprutCAM, and for the price and what BobCAD can do for that price is pretty exceptional in the industry IMHO

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:
    You cant compare bobcad to a few of those it can not match up. 4 axis pro will cost you 1400 bucks. Check out deskproto about 1200 and it is a simple program to get good code quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Cam is cool And easy CAD is 90 s from ui

Cad is not quite up to 90's.

4 axis pro will cost you 1400 bucks.

where you getting those numbers from

BobCAD's Prices are listed on our website.

CAD-CAM CNC Software Products by BobCAD-CAM | BobCAD-CAM

Our 4 axis pro software cost much more than the $1400 you listed. We do offer discounts for customers to upgrade but no where near $1400 for 4 axis pro. As far as the features it offers verse desk proto, well they are not even close to the same types of products. Desk proto is a CAM based system, where BobCAD CAM is both CAD and CAM.

There are some neat things desk proto can do, but it doesn't have the advance surfacing options the BobCAD CAM 4 Axis Professional offers.

You maybe be thinking of the 4 axis standard which offers indexing, wrapping and rotary toolpath.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

I would have to join you as well......

You cant compare bobcad to a few of those it can not match up. .
    I most certainly can... Maybe YOU cant?

Check out deskproto about 1200 and it is a simple program to get good code quick
    Lol.... DeskProto not even in the same realm.... Kindof cheesy in comparison actually..... My Brother has it. I shut it off after about 1 day......

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    where you getting those numbers from
    Just what I was offered.

Just what I was offered.

what version ?

and you did read Al's reply above,right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he works for BobCad

Page 1 of 7 123