585,582 active members*
4,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Considering buying BCC V.28
Page 7 of 7 567

Re: Considering buying BCC V.28

Quote Originally Posted by lennd View Post
    Good to hear I am going to download a free trial as soon as I can. Is it similar to Solidworks?
    P.S. Another thing I forgot to tell you about is the ability to share access to a model, so for example if I was working on something and needed some assistance if you had an account I could open the document to you and you could workon it at the same time as me or at another time, no need to upload Zipped up files to the Forum as we all have to do at present.

Or alternatively a user can open his document to everyone by making it a "Public Document" and then the whole Onshape Community can work on the model, the amount of input that users get using this facility is pretty amazing, loads of folks jump in to help

Forgot to mention, Onshape doesn`t like Microsoft Explorer so use either Chrome or Firefox for best use

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

I have been watching / laughing at this thread now for days. I am by no means proficient with BobCAD. But I have read enough and seen lots of files posted by both JR and Burman to know they know a heck of a lot more than I do. To date I have not seen ONE bobcad file from Tormachmaster that would indicate they even have a clue. Been asked countless times for a file. Still no file. I would like to take this time to THANK all the valid folks here for taking the time to help those of us that do have a valid struggle with a problem. I have learned much from you. Again THANK YOU for taking time from your real job to help.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud rider View Post
    I have been watching / laughing at this thread now for days. I am by no means proficient with BobCAD. But I have read enough and seen lots of files posted by both JR and Burman to know they know a heck of a lot more than I do. To date I have not seen ONE bobcad file from Tormachmaster that would indicate they even have a clue. Been asked countless times for a file. Still no file. I would like to take this time to THANK all the valid folks here for taking the time to help those of us that do have a valid struggle with a problem. I have learned much from you. Again THANK YOU for taking time from your real job to help.

Ronnie
    I laugh at these dummies they all protect an unstable crappy program that every other version is a fix to the last. Open your bobcrap and go back and forth between modeling and cam as you build a model and machine it and let me know how fast it freezes up on you. Oh now they will say that's not the correct way to create and machine something right boys... Hey burboy there are a lot of times I get a model make the part it gets changed sometimes in the middle of being programmed so I will have to go back and forth. I don't have to start over but in your bobcrap would it have to be started over.....tell the truth cause I believe I read all about it in one of your posts on another site huh.....Listen you can worship it all you want but be real it has issues always has always will until they change the people making it. Oh and it's over priced:stickpoke

Tormachmaster

Wow. No one has said BobCad was the best, greatest software out there. Yes it has issues. Show me a piece of software that is the be all end all. And before you start... I work in computers for my real job and yes I know about software and such. If Bob doesn't do what you want it to do, then move on and find something that does. All you want to do is bash. TRY asking for help if you have an issue and see how fast it gets answers. The folks here have been more than helpful to me. Seems to me you just want to do bombing runs. Post a valid problem or question and see if you get answers. But for the sake of those that do find this forum helpful, stop bashing it. You are entitled to your opinion as are the others. You are not adding any value to this forum currently.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Tormachmaster View Post
    I laugh at these dummies they all protect an unstable crappy program that every other version is a fix to the last. Open your bobcrap and go back and forth between modeling and cam as you build a model and machine it and let me know how fast it freezes up on you. Oh now they will say that's not the correct way to create and machine something right boys... Hey burboy there are a lot of times I get a model make the part it gets changed sometimes in the middle of being programmed so I will have to go back and forth. I don't have to start over but in your bobcrap would it have to be started over.....tell the truth cause I believe I read all about it in one of your posts on another site huh.....Listen you can worship it all you want but be real it has issues always has always will until they change the people making it. Oh and it's over priced:stickpoke
    With just a few exceptions every customer of mine has their own machine shop, often larger than our own. UG NX, MasterCAM, Gibbs - I've seen them all and used none. I make the EXACT same parts they do and I make them faster (from design to part) and cheaper. If I couldn't, I'd be working for them instead. That's a fact you would probably agree on.

In this context, which product is "overpriced"?

On a side note, I'm programming my new 5 axis machining center using a 3+2 strategy using a 4axis (index only) version of BobCAD. I'm wondering if any of the software you mention allows that? Just curious, my customers are using full 4th simultaneous software to drive their machines 3+1.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Is that delrin? It really comes out looking nice......
    Acetal Co-poly instead of the Delrin Homo-poly but yeah, same machining characteristics and finishes nice! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Here is a ring my brother made with the first iteration of V23. That's when they introduced wrapping. This picture was just off the machine.

Attachment 301556

Here's a couple reels. One is from scratch (Not the gut's, just the visible's).... Another is an abu faceplate with frills added.....

Attachment 301558

Attachment 301560

Attachment 301562

Attachment 301564

The tolerances are pretty well fit. They are casted 230+ yards in long distance casting tourney's....
    I remember the ring and most of these parts, from versions of Bob long ago. Pretty impressive results from a "hobby" software :devious:

Hey don't get to cocky yet there JR I gave the simplest thing I could find to see what version was being used now project a tool path to a wall using a solid pin as a projection vector. Oh can you do that one?
    You're pretty cocky yourself - so far as far as I'm concerned you've only proven yourself capable of making a "GIF". Quick to throw out challenges to everyone else though...

I laugh at these dummies
    Which in one way seems perfectly fair since they're all laughing at you, but in another way a little sad in that you're the one without the capability to produce good work with software which obviously is

Page 7 of 7 567