585,875 active members*
3,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > Alphacam Problem

Hybrid View

Alphacam Problem

Warning:tool paths are in a work plane z value entered are assumed to be local global z value will be out put.
    how to solve this problem?

Re: Alphacam Problem

Hi. Use the project 3D to 2D function and re apply toolpaths .

thank you very much you are instructive all the time. and share the most valuable. Knowledge..

can someone explain this a little better? driving me nutz on a nested job.

Cancel Workplane, you have a workplane active while trying to output Toolpaths, goto the WorkPlanes Tab and find "Cancel Workplane" then toolpaths will be output as Global coordinates, you will sget a message saying Toolpaths will be output as Global but just click "Ok"

Quote Originally Posted by FrankCNC View Post
    Cancel Workplane, you have a workplane active while trying to output Toolpaths, goto the WorkPlanes Tab and find "Cancel Workplane" then toolpaths will be output as Global coordinates, you will sget a message saying Toolpaths will be output as Global but just click "Ok"
    thanks Frank

i canceled all the work planes but still cannot rotate parts at all inside the nested sheets. did i miss something ? thanks for your help mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry I thought the Previous questions where only about Toolpaths, can you attach your Alphacam drawing file and explain what you are trying to do so we can help.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankCNC View Post
    Hi Mike,

Sorry I thought the Previous questions where only about Toolpaths, can you attach your Alphacam drawing file and explain what you are trying to do so we can help.

ok thanks for the offer to take a look.

1 thing that will tell you it is going bad is when you open the job it opens in 3-d window. & it doesn't function correctly as in rotations.

a part like this is what the original person was having an issue with as was I.

when you try to output if gives you the (Warning:tool paths are in a work plane z value entered are assumed to be local global z value will be output)

you can continue on with it & it will still run fine.

but you can't rotate this part in a rotation of left & right.

the only rotation it will do is from front to back which is completely wrong.

when it is not in a workplane you can move around sheet & rotate to fit if needed.

thx
    mike
    Attached Files Attached Files