585,581 active members*
4,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Help with Mazak QS20 Mazatrol T4 parity error no:22

Help with Mazak QS20 Mazatrol T4 parity error no:22

I have problem with an "oldie" 1985 Mazak QS20 Mazatrol T4 machine with a UF01A controller unit.

The machine had memory parity issues a few months ago, i was able to clear/reset the alarm after an bunch of repeats
    then it worked well for about 4months...

I now have the NMI code 22 Memory Parity light on again, i clear the alarm according to "normal procedures".
    All seem fine no alarm, then as soon as program simulate function is activated or the machine is started
    in Auto it can run for a couple of seconds before i get the infamous code 22!
    I have done this about 15-20 times, i'm loosing hope!

I have tried and changed the boards FX01B(CPU/memory controller board?) and FX27B(C-MOS ram-memory board)

with used boards from Ebay i had my hopes up.....tested and
    same behaviour and alarm came back :-(

There is an additional ram/e-prom memory board called FX84A that holds the machine specific PLC ladder program, and
    the NC "operating system", this one is the hardest to find as "spare part", i assume that i must find one from
    an exact same type of machine...or am i missing something?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
    Torsten

Re: Help with Mazak QS20 Mazatrol T4 parity error no:22

Hi Torsten,

Did you manage to solve your issue? It looks like I've got the same machine as you (hmm... did you sell it, maybe I have your old machine!?), I can't even get the NC to boot up on mine. Did you happen to have any manuals for yours?

If I can help in any way, I'll do my best, but I'm starting from flat nothing here, so I can't promise to be useful.

Cheers,
    Ade.

Hi Ade,

please send me your mailadress on :
    [email protected]

I can help you to start the control.

Best regards
    mazak-user

Hi AdeV, no we have not yet got it running, i was thinking of contacting Mazak directly because the Swedish agent do not have much documentation/knowledge
    left people get retired and the know how get's lost, and the machine IS old after all, we have been able to hold it in working condition with misc.repair.
    Like the dc-motors, servos, and spindle servo it likes to eat transistor power modules time to time etc.
    A pity to waste the whole machine to a "minor parity error" :-)
    Maybe they can give a hint, and maybe also sell the memory card specific to this control system.

Did you get your system to boot-up? i have all the normal electric/mechanic drawings and parts lists, quite a lot of work put down on the documentation.

Have you checked the power supply PD14A on the left side in the control system?, "PowerOn" is lit? it has the terminals to connect a multimeter and check the +5V, +12V,-12V, +24V voltages on +5V should be within 4.75-5.25V but normally quite accurat on 5.0-5.05V mark and the ac-ripple should be below 50mV
    the +12V should be within +/- 0,5V (the ATX standard gives an reference on the voltages)

This Mitsubishi/TDK power supply is an high quality item, still working so well after 30years !

i remember i have changed the power supply once to the sub control-rack at the monitor/operating panel it went dead check the voltages there also.

and the display unit is an good old CRT unit and they tend to get more and dim by time and ultimatly give up at the end.

If you need some electrical drawings on the machine i can help you with that!

Regards
    Torsten

Hi Torsten,

please send me your mail adress.

best regards
    Stan